Thursday, December 18, 2008

this little piggy

Well, if there was any doubt, it's gone now.  This child is definitely my daughter.  She loooves her food.  

Yesterday, I fed her 14 meals.  Oh yeah - that's the life.  I swear I can see her growing every hour.  It's a good thing, especially because of the jaundice stuff.  The doc said that the more she eats, the quicker it will go away.  It's pretty much gone now, but she's not going to let that ruin her appetite.  

As for me, nursing is going well.  We've luckily not had any problems with it thus far.  I'm counting my blessing because I know So many people who have a more difficult time with it.  Despite the obvious sleeplessness of it all, nursing is a special thing that I'm glad I get to experience.   

It's pretty easy to tell when she's hungry.  She looks at you and opens her mouth real wide.  If you don't get the hint, she'll smack her lips over and over.  If you Still don't get what she's saying - she'll look at you, frown, and stick her whole hand in her mouth and start sucking on it like there's no tomorrow.  If you don't feed her at this point, you get crying.  I think it's funny to see her suck on her hand, but don't worry, I usually get the first hint.  She is a well fed baby.



In other baby news-
Yesterday was Kyle's first day back to work.  His bosses are being SUPER flexible with him, which is wonderful.  But yesterday, he was gone until after 6pm.  Abby and I just chilled at home and had a good day.  I was so tired by the time he got home though, and I find that it is very hard for me to fall asleep if the baby is awake.  I feel bad and just lay there feeling bad and don't sleep.  So, last night, I fed her and then took a percocet that the doctor sent home with me.  I haven't been taking them since my pain wasn't too bad.  However, it knocked me out and I had the BEST nap ever.  I needed it.  Really needed it.  Yay for drugs, huh?  

Honestly though, while I'm sure the sleep thing will probably catch up with me eventually - right now this is a breeze compared to grad school.  

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I like the new look of your blog, and this is one of my favorite pictures of her. :)

Anonymous said...

She is good at hinting. ...so was her Mother.

Granny in love

background

counter