Monday, December 15, 2008

We're home!

Hello from the home front.

Abigail, Kyle and I have officially made the trek from hospital to home.  We enjoyed our stay at the hospital and received excellent care on all fronts.  The nurses were helpful and informative and the doctors made sure both me and baby were taken care of.  

Our first night at home was about as we expected it to be.  Exciting and tiring all at once.  :)  

We go back to the doctor this afternoon so that Abigail's jaundice levels can be checked.  She's a little on the high side of the jaundice scale, so everyone wants to keep an eye on it.  I think she just got confused with so many people calling her sunshine and thought that's the color she was supposed to be.  Anyway, she's doing fine, it just makes her a little tired and so sometimes its hard for her to finish a meal before she falls asleep.  This means that I have the joy of feeding her almost every hour all night - if only for 5 or 10 mins.  So, we'll let you know how the doc says she's doing today.

So, while Abby is now the complete center of our world - I want to put that world on pause for a moment to give some major props to the man in my life.

Kyle has been amazing.  I mean, I knew he would be and I even knew he would exceed my expectations - but yes, he has exceeded even those.  Watching him with the baby melts my heart.  He has a whole range of facial expressions and voices that I've never seen before.  She looks just like him and he radiates pride at that fact.  When he's not completely doting on his daughter, Kyle has spent every spare moment taking care of me.  

He knows that he can't help with the nursing, but he says he can make sure that I eat.  He has fed me every meal, made sure I take my medications, he rocks the baby and cleans up.  He rubs my back and is constantly asking what else he can do.  He's already an amazing husband, and he's proving to be an incredible daddy as well.

I know that the blogging front will be a little slower now, but I promise to update everyone as often as I can.  We love that we can keep up with events with those far away.  Until next time, know that we are happy and well, even if a little sleepy.  :)

I love this picture. 


Looking at the world.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are truly blessed. I'm glad everything turned out so beautifully! Keep us posted. :)

Anonymous said...

Good heavens she sure does look like her daddy!! And what a beauty she is too. You ALL take care and I hope I get to meet her before she graduates from college!!! Love AJ

Lauren McKnight said...

I am so happy she is doing well...and that you and Kyle are too. Good luck with everything and know that you have people from Arkansas who are thinking of and praying for your adorable family!

Anonymous said...

Oh ah, ah! Abigail Katherine is so beautiful!

Granny in love

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the joys and pain of mother/fatherhood! I pray little Abigail will get rid of that jaundice fast and that you both continue to get to know and love her. That Kyle is a doting father does not surprise me in the least. He has always had a most sensitive, loving soul. He has always made me very proud as he takes life in stride and with quiet grace!

You are blessed with each other!

Love.......MS (Ouma)

background

counter