Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Today is Easter.  My first Easter that I didn't spend with my parents and family.  In a lot of ways, that seems kinda strange.  I told Kyle that I thought I would miss my family and our Easter traditions this year, and then I realized that Kyle is my family and we will, with time, start to develop our own traditions.  I wonder what those traditions will turn out to be....

I might take a pass on this year, I'm not sure I want a deflated cheesecake to be part of our yearly ritual...

In other news, Joel is visiting us this week, which is fantastic.  We took him to see Avenue Q this afternoon (also, not a very Easter activity) The show was hilarious.   We laughed through almost the entire thing.  I recommend seeing it, or at least downloading  a few of the songs.(www.avenueq.com)  After the show, we came home to watch Arkansas be slaughtered by UNC and went out again later to a little pub and sat and reminisced about years past and enjoyed each other's company. 

I don't suppose I have much of a point to this post.  Today was a good day.  I have a husband, who is my new family.  I have a my best friend here to enjoy.  I have a great family at home that I miss, but that I know care about me no matter where we live.  I'm glad that today I was able to appreciate how special all these relationships are.  I hope you do the same.

No comments:

background

counter