Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday

Stardate 32408.  

Today was Monday.  I could tell all over.  From the moment I was torn from my dream (where I was morally conflicted about what I should with a mugger who stole my money but then accidently gave me 500 dollars in change...do you return it or keep it?)  I emerged from that scenario into a groggy fuzzy foggy existence illuminated only by my phone.  I had already missed 3 alarms.

Hard to get up, it took a lot of effort. It was so dark outside.  Hard to get dressed, too many decisions.  No makeup today, not a chance.  Coffee, a must.  Two cups from downstairs.  And off to work I went.  

The rest of the day is a slow acceleration to productivity.  Once the coffee kicked in, things were about up to speed.  I managed to get quite a bit done at work.  That was good.  Today is the start of my last "busy" week.  Starting April 1st, my life will be a little easier.  I saw my kids, went to meetings, bantered with my co-workers, got a nice compliment from someone, wrote some reports, and came home.  

I came home to find that Kyle and Joel had rolled out of bed a little before noon and had been playing Madden on the wii ever since.  boys.  Actually, it made me kind of happy to come home to them, playing, laughing, being totally lazy.  It's good to do that sometimes, and they both deserved it.  

Anyway, tonight we went and saw Horton Hears a Who.  It was good I thought, cute.  I heart Steve Carell.  We laughed a lot.  And now we're home.  which is nice.  

I guess towards the end, it stopped feeling quite so Mondayish.  That's good.  Hopefully tomorrow won't be Mondayish either.  I'm off to bed now.  I need to tell the mugger that I've decided to keep the money.

No comments:

background

counter