Saturday, March 29, 2008

sabotage

It's Saturday.  I have a lot of work to do today.  I need to write 3 or 4 reports and compile my entire master's degree portfolio.  This is no small task.  The good news is, Kyle has class all morning until 3pm, so that should give me plenty of time to work by myself.  The bad news is, it is almost 2pm and I've done nothing.

I'm not sure why I self sabotage myself like this.  Why, Laura?  I watched a couple of hours of Bravo TV, took a nap, made lunch, and watched more TV with a brief period of tidying up the apartment in-between.  Now, I'm aggravated at myself.  It is a reoccuring pattern in my work life.  Procrastinate, worry, procrastinate, feel anxious, feel overwhelmed, almost give up, find a second wind and push through to the deadline.  It always gets done.  Maybe that's the problem...  

I'm hoping that by expressing this feeling, that I will find the motivation to get to work.  There is still an hour or so before Kyle gets home, maybe I can have something to show for it by then.  
over and out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, Laura, Laura,

Cut yourself some slack. You need to have blob days once in a while. It is as necessary as sleep (which I know you don't get either!). The work will get done better if you are rested. When you are cleaning or watching Bravo TV, your brain is working away on your project. When you get to it, you will be ready to do it. (This applies to everything in life but cleaning house, as you well know.)
Quit beating up on one of my favorite people. Love, Y.
PS I'm at work, doing inventory.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Y,
You're right. Now that I have started working, I seem to be that much more ready to get things done. Hopefully I'll finish in time to slack off again tomorrow. :) Love you.

background

counter