Thursday, March 20, 2008

Taekwondo

Kyle and I went to taekwondo tonight after a multi-week hiatus.  It's always a little bit of a hassle to get there...we have to get everything together, drive into the city at rush hour only to drive out again and about 30 mins north of Boston to a little town.  But, as always, I'm glad we went.  We jumped, kicked, punched, ran, practiced forms, weapons, and so much more.  I'm so out of shape, but being there always makes me want to be a better person... physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally... you name it.  When I'm there, I push myself.  The people there are so friendly, warm, and welcoming.  Besides, no matter how long of a break we take, taekwondo is defiantly something dear to both of us and each time I go to class, I feel more connected to the whole thing.  I can feel it soaking through me and saturating all of me with a desire to improve, excel, and shine.

I always come away feeling motivated.  It's also nice to have a release.  I believe that everyone should have an activity that allows them to decompress, to let go, to get out the stress of the day.  For me, it's taekwondo (well, and having themed dinner parties).  I can put the sad stories, deadlines, and work load out of my mind for a few hours and just focus on something that I truly enjoy.

I wonder if we'll ever own our own school.  Sometimes that feels like a far away dream, and sometimes it feels like the most logical option.  Who knows.  I suppose we'll figure it out someday.  I imagine we will in the end.  People usually do.

until then, here's to living day to day and being the best black belt you can be. 


No comments:

background

counter