Saturday, November 22, 2008

catching up

I forgot to post about our 37 week appointment a few days ago.  I probably forgot because there was nothing exciting to report...

One cool thing was that we got to listen to the baby's heartbeat during a contraction.  Hers was doing what mine was doing.  It speeds up during the contraction and then you could hear it slow down as it let up.  I dunno why, but it was kinda neat. Then, when she's done being compressed, she kicks.  But, anyway, all was fine on the baby front.  She's taking her time and does not appear to be in any rush to exit the premises.   

Another thing I forgot to write about was my birthday!  I had a really great day.  Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes and goodies.  Abigail left me a card in the fridge that I found as I made my breakfast.  It said, among other things, "Happy Birthday...whatever that means" and that made me laugh.  Kyle and I celebrated by getting some yummy burgers and I did a little fun shopping and bought some cute baby outfits.  It was a good day.

On Thursday, Kyle took me to see the Celtics play the Pistons.  The Celtics won, and it was fun to get out in the city for a while and cheer on our team.  Yesterday, I treated myself to a much needed haircut.  So, I officially have the mom-do going now.  I really like it, and it feels so much better.  After my haircut, I met up with some friends from work to have a little dinner....

Well, more than just my 2 friends were there, and once again, I walked in on a baby shower that I didn't expect.  :)  The BPS girls decorated and had cake and we all had a good time enjoying each other's company, laughing, and eating.  The girls had all pooled together and got me and Kyle many many gift cards to Babies r Us.  They will be very very handy to have!  Just another blessing to add to the list.  

So, that brings us to today.  Sorry for the kinda scattered brain post.  I'm pretty scatter brained nowadays (this week I tried to open my office door with my car remote...more than once).  Maybe this week I'll do a better job of posting as we go.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see a picture of the new do. :)
Leah

background

counter