Thursday, June 16, 2011

your world

Abby,

I love the world you live in.  It delights me to watch.

I love that, when we're out in the stroller, you wave to every single person as if you were the queen of England, cupped hand and all,  and say "hi!" or "good morning!" to everyone.

I love that you also wave to the trains - all of them, real or on tv - and say "nice to see you again Mr. Train!"  You even wave to my iPhone when you're watching Thomas videos on youtube.

I love that your stuffed animals and dolls are your "fwiends" and that they are as real to you as your dad and I are.

I love that you talk to birds.

I love that you ask ants "Hey there little fella! Where are you going today?"

I love how excited you get about going outside to play.

I love listening to you play with your toys and watching you mimic our daily interactions with them.

Yesterday, I thought I'd introduce you to bugs bunny and daffy duck since they were on TV at that moment.  I told you their names and we watched them for about 20 seconds before I changed the channel.  In that 20 seconds, Daffy threw a temper tantrum and pushed Bugs Bunny into a swimming pool.  The first thing you said to me this morning was "The duck was not very nice to bugs bunny.  He not being a good listener. Is he still in time out?"
...I love that you wondered if Daffy was in time out all night.

I love seeing you laugh at things that are funny - or things that you think are funny.

I love listening to you sing, which you do constantly.  Sometimes you sing actual songs, and sometimes you sing nonsense words, and sometimes you just hum.  I love that you love music.

I love that treasure hunts involve finding the best sticks and rocks we can find.  Sometimes we even find special treasure like acorns and clover flowers.

I love it when you remind me of the rules.  "Mommy.  Stop at the corner.  Hold my hand."

I love that you feel so freely.  You are unafraid to show your unrestrained joy and love... as well as your complete despair, of course.

I love that you jump up and down and wave a rope in the air and say "Look! I'm jump-a-roping"

I love that you laughed at a squirrel the other day because you thought he was playing hopscotch.

I really love how much you love Elizabeth.  You are always so so so sweet to her and you want to be the first one to say hi to her every morning...which you do, in a very high exaggerated "HeeeelllllLLOOOOoooooooo!"

I love that you talk to Elizabeth in a high pitched baby voice, too.

I love that you believe me, without question, when I tell you the moon is made of cheese, and you laugh and tell me I'm silly if I try to tell you it's made of rocks.

I love that you tell me "good job mommy! you made lots of milks for baby wizzabeff!"

I love that you share with me, and daddy, and your dolls all the same.

I love how intrinsically happy you are.

I love that you help me remember why it's so fun to be a kid - and you help me re-live childhood all over again.  This has to be one of the best parts about parenting.  All too soon, you'll realize that the birds don't understand what you're saying and that the moon really is just a big rock.  But, I hope that day is far far far away.  It's much more fun in your world.  May you always harbor a piece of the magic that comes with being a child in you somewhere- regardless of how old you are.

Love you.
- mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of LOVE.......I just LOVE this post. And Abby. And all of you. Always!

Ouma

Anonymous said...

One of the great advantages to having a magical childhood (like Abby) is that you will always carry some of it with you.

Ricky Rodriguez said...

I love this. I love you guys and our Goddaughter. Makes me pretty excited about Joie.

Kikki said...

DANGIT LAWA... I'm tearing up at work.

beautiful.
xoxo

background

counter