Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dear Joie

Dear Joie Elise,

Happy Birthday and Welcome!

You were born today. All 8 wonderful pounds and 9 oz of you.

My name is Laura, and my husband and I are your godparents.  Your mom and I have been the best of friends for a long time and I have been eagerly awaiting your arrival for, well, years, but especially these last 9 months.  I've watched your mom and dad get ready for you and I think they've done a fabulous job.

Being just hours old, you have no way of knowing how lucky you already are.  But, that's what I'm here to tell you.  Your mom is one of the most amazing people I know.  She is organized and she works hard at everything she does.  She never quits and she knows how to balance work and play.  She is subtle and classy.  She's really smart and she will teach you so much.  She is kind.  She will love you unconditionally, in fact, I'm sure she already does.  You are going to have so much fun with your mom.  There will be lots of girl time, lots of books, lots of being silly, and lots of giggles. I'm sure of it.

And, as if that weren't enough, your dad is one of the best guys I know.  He is fun and adventurous.  He will teach you how to go fishing and how to cook (your mom makes great rice krispie treats, but your dad is the king of the kitchen).  Your dad knows how to have fun and has a million hobbies that he can teach you about.  He's a great photographer, which is good news for me, because I'm going to need lots of pictures of you until I can see you in person.  But one of the best things about your dad is that he takes such good care of your mom and will do the same for you.  I'm sure you already have him wrapped around your  tiny tiny fingers.

I can't wait to hold you.

Until you decide otherwise, I'm planning on you going to college with my little girl.  She is just three months older than you, her name is Elizabeth.  You can room together and talk about how crazy your moms are.

Joie, you are surrounded by people who love you so much already.  And, as you grow older, you'll realize that not everyone is born that lucky.  But you are. We are so eager to get to know you and to watch you grow up (but take your time doing that, ok?).  I can't wait to see your personality develop and bloom.

You're in for a really fun time.

And while you are already surrounded by family and will never want for attention - I want you to know, from day one, that I'm always here for you too.  Always always always.

Welcome to the world sweet baby girl,
We love you so much!

Laura (& Kyle)

this is the first picture I saw of you.  you're perfect.

7 comments:

Renee said...

Written so I wanted to be friends with them! Congrats on the godparent status :)

Linda said...

Joie Elise you are so beautiful, lucky and loved. I'm Laura's mama and you are dear to me already.

Granny

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, you are just such a blessing to everyone in your reach. Watch out class of 2029... I will put my money on a heated valedictorian race between the beautiful two BFFs from birth ;D

CONGRATS BILLIE JO & RICKY!!!!

xoxo -- kikki

*Jen* said...

Sweet :)

jennybee said...

This made me cry. So happy for everyone. Joie's a lucky gal.

Billie Jo said...

Well, it's been 5 days and I'm just catching up on your blog. Ricky says you shouldn't write things like this because I am hormonal, which results in lots of tears. I have a feeling I would be in tears regardless. Thanks for loving us and for loving Joie. I can't wait for you to meet her, and I am already so thankful for your place ahead of me in mommyhood. :-)
*hugs* Love you guys so much!

Lauren McKnight said...

you are so sweet. this made me want to cry.

background

counter