Thursday, July 21, 2011

You Capture - plants & babies

Whoo-hoo!  You Capture two weeks in a row.  Gotta start back somewhere. 

So, this week's theme is beautiful plants, babies and trees.  I got flowers pics for the most part.  Several times a week, we all take a walk after supper.  The light was sooooo perfect the other evening...so perfect that I  just basked in how perfect it was and didn't take a single picture.  Sigh.  So, I took flower pictures last night instead - there wasn't the same perfect light, but I still like them. 

gettin' my depth of field on.

hydrangeas = *love*


purple star flowers? yes please.


And, y'know?  You'd think with having my own baby and all that I would have taken more baby pictures - but not so much.  It's hard to find time, honestly.  I'm really going to work on that.  She totally needs more pictures!  But, I did snap this shot of her with her Ouma on our last day of vacation.

I like how both their eyes are smiling


AND - even more excitingly - my best friend gave birth to her first child, a little girl, last night.  And, all of you get to look at her, aren't you lucky! There's nothing like a newborn...and this one isn't even a day old yet. *melts*

Now head over to Beth's site to see some other really great photos!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, could I be any more jealous of your beautiful photos?! I think not! The first one is incredible... I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a hug from Ouma. Love it! And I've got to know what lens you used for that first one. And the settings. And everything else about it. In my mind, that's how I see some of my pictures, but um, they don't actually turn out that way. Help!

Colleen said...

Love the first pic... so pretty. And the babies are adorable.

Jen said...

Beautiful flowers, and of course, there's nothing more beautiful than a newborn baby!

Bobbi Sharp said...

Gorgeous bokeh!

Brooke said...

love your flower shots! I love that beautiful evening light too. Love that fresh new baby shot too ;D so sweet! Thanks for the kind words on my blog.... you are too kind!

jennybee said...

Gosh these are pretty.

background

counter