Friday, September 7, 2012

hair today, gone tomorrow

My 9 mile running reward was to get a haircut.  I squeaked out 9 miles on the Sunday before school started, so I decided to go for it.

I had been debating for weeks over what to do.  Trim or cut? Long or Short?  Bangs? Layers?  Haircuts are expensive up here.  I always pay at least $80, and that's usually just for a wash and trim.  I turned to google and found good reviews for a little shop not too far from us.  All 5 star reviews.  Cheap prices.  Sounded like a good deal.  The lady doesn't speak a lot of English, but all the reviews seemed to agree that she knew what she was doing.

So, I made an appointment.  Even on the way I was only 75% sure I wanted to go short.  It was deciding to donate my hair to locks for love that finalized the decision for me.

The lady asked me what I wanted while she was washing my hair.  I showed her 2 or 3 pictures I had on my phone and she nodded once and said "ah, ok" and that was the extent of our discussion over what my hair was going to look like in an hour.

but, you know what?  I like it.

the aftermath


first picture

before and after

final product. :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Aahhh! I love it!!! I'm growing mine out to donate again as well. I figure between pregnancy now and breastfeeding later, it's prime time for a fast grow. :)

Anonymous said...

pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty Pretty!

Granny!

background

counter