Wednesday, September 26, 2012

yes, lo mein

I want to put on my comfy PJs and get into bed.  I want to read the book I'm reading and snack on...no, I don't want a snack, I want to sip on something hot and yummy.  Maybe one of those chai tea lattes.  Those are so good.  I want to be lazy and maybe have somebody bring me dinner in bed...something exciting like take out chinese food.  Heck, I'd even come downstairs for take out chinese food.

Mmm.  Lo Mein out of the box while in my PJs.  Yes, that sounds good.

And when I'm tired of reading, maybe I'll watch a movie, or maybe just go to sleep.

I'm not sick yet, I don't think - but I kinda can feel it coming.  Which is unsurprising since E has had a snotty cold all week and Abby's throat is red and she's stuffy now, too.  Our nanny is in the same boat, poor thing.  Kyle reported not feeling well this morning either.

So, we're all a little pathetic.  I'm probably the most fine, and I'm happy to take a slow afternoon to nurse the littles back to easy breathing and dry noses.  It's not particularly sunny outside, so the overcastness lends itself well to snuggling on the couch with two little girls and a box of kleenex.  But, there is that part of me that selfishly wants to hibernate and try to stave off whatever inevitable sniffles are headed my way.

I'm trying out a new crockpot recipe tonight, so Lo Mein will have to wait too.

At any rate - we're all fine - just colds going around.  They will run their course through the family, from nose to throat to chest to out of the house.  I think we just all need a lazy afternoon.


Here are a few random pictures of late.

Apple Pumpkin Muffins - such an easy and yummy fall treat




Abby was here

E hasn't used a paci since she was somewhere around 7 months old, but she found this one today and put it in and looked pretty adorable.  A few seconds earlier, she was also carrying her taggie blanket around (that and the cat are her must-have items) and it was almost too cute to look at.


1 comment:

Linda said...

All I can think to write is how much I love, love, love you all. The house and garden are adorable! Take tea and Chow Mein treats! Read.

Granny

background

counter