Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

This was a strange 4th for me.  In some ways, it was more "fourthy" than usual.  We went down to the Charles river (with half a million other people) and listened to the Boston Pops, watched the amazing firework show, and saw more flags, stars, and stripes than ever before.  On the other hand, there wasn't any family around, we didn't have hamburgers or hotdogs or watermelon.  No sparklers or water hoses.  

Kyle and I had a good time though.  We, as mentioned, went down to the river with some friends of ours and their son.  I've watched the Boston show on TV for a long time on the 4th.  I've always appreciated the time they take to choreograph the music with the fireworks.  It's so nice.  And I love the Pops.  So, I was excited about the day.  The weather was nice, about 60 something degrees.  No mosquitoes either.  :-)

Anyway, here are a few pics of the evening and a clip of the show.  


 
 


No comments:

background

counter