Monday, July 21, 2008

halfway there

Hello from sunny Florida!

(lucky charms and ocean...life is good!)

I have sporadic internet connection down here at best, so I'm taking this moment of opportunity to say Happy 20 weeks!  So far the vacation has been nice.  The ocean is beautiful and the weather has been great.  Unfortunately, Kyle got pretty burned on day one, and I got  little pink around the shoulders...so we're taking it easy.  

Anyway, as mentioned, today marks the halfway point of this pregnancy...which, by the way, is crazy.  I can't believe it's been this long.  The first trimester seemed to crawl by, I thought it would never end, but the 2nd trimester has just flown.  I imagine that has a lot to do with me not being exhausted and queasy all the time.

So, Lil' Poppy is about 10.5 oz in weight now, and depending on what you read, about the size of a small cantaloupe and as long as a banana. I have my growing belly to keep myself entertained most days, and more and more people are starting to notice it.  Of course, I just feel big...but I know the big part is yet to come.  I can feel the baby move more and more regularly, and Kyle felt it for the first time on the plane ride down here.  That made me happy.  

Here is a picture from our 19 week ultrasound.  Yes, we did find out the gender, but you're going to have to wait until my next post to find out what it is!  



No comments:

background

counter