Friday, July 4, 2008

love and brownies

Yesterday was a very lazy day for me.  Kyle was at work for the first part of the day and I watched a bunch of TLC and did a load of laundry.  That was as much effort as I was willing to exert.  

So then Kyle got home and he fell asleep in his recliner, and I took the best nap in the history of the world.  It was a really great nap.  I woke up feeling like I was all new.  I decided that with my new found energy, I would actually cook dinner.  I can't tell you how long it's been since I've really cooked dinner.  A long time.  

I really just expected Kyle to continue sleeping for a while, maybe watch sportscenter or mess around trying to set up our new wireless network.  But, he surprised me.  He got up to help me cook.  This may seem insignificant, but it was nice.  So, we enjoyed our pork chops and veggies and then Kyle asked "well, whatdoyawannado now?"  

I said something like, "oh, well why don't you just watch sportscenter or work on the computer thing?"  And he surprised me again.  He suggested that we rent a movie.  This NEVER happens.  I love movies, and Kyle watches them with me, but it's not really his thing.  So, for him to suggest it, unprovoked was shocking to me.  So, I said, "really?"  

He surprised me again.  "Why don't we make brownies or have ice cream AND watch a movie?"  ....at this point I'm scanning the apartment to see if anything is missing or broken...maybe a big stain on the carpet or something?  Nope.  Well, we didn't have ice cream or eggs to make brownies, so we went to the store together at 10pm to get ben & jerry's, milk and eggs.  We came home and made brownies.  Kyle looked through the movies online and suggested that we rent either 27 dresses or some other chick flick...

What?  He WANTS to rent a movie and he doesn't want it to be a spy-explosion filled-action flick?  I actually asked him if he was ok.  He suggested that if I wanted, we could watch both chick flicks tonight.  Brownies with one, ice cream with the other.  

I'm a lucky girl.  

Well, we only watched one movie, and only ate the brownies.  It was getting too late to watch anything else and my nap only held me over for so long.  But, I thought I'd share this moment of happiness with the rest of you.  Now I get to have brownies for breakfast too.  It's a good life.  

1 comment:

hannah said...

i love this. sometimes they surprise you...do things totally out of the ordinary. i love that you looked for something to be wrong. :)

every so often, clint will ask if he can rub my feet...or play with my hair. i always ask if he cheated on me at work...but he always denies it...:)

background

counter