Sunday, December 20, 2009

snow!

We knew it was supposed to snow today, so we went out yesterday to get some much needed shopping done and to run a few errands. We got home and settled in for a long winter's nap.

When I woke this morning, I was surprised that there wasn't more snow. The snow that we did have was like powdered sugar - tiny little iceflakes that were blowing every directions. Because the snow was so powdery and dry, it wasn't sticking to the trees like I'd expected. Nevertheless, the plows were slow to get running and after seeing our street looking like this - we decided we wouldn't be making it to mass this morning.

Funny story - I was folding laundry and putting away Abby's clothes in her room and she was "helping" me by putting all the socks back into the laundry basket one at a time, and I told her "Abby, it doesn't look like we're going to make it to church today, what do you want to do?" And I Kid you Not - she went to her bookshelf and broght me this little book titled "Let's go to Mass" Hilarious. Later, she spent about 15 mins taking my car keys and trying to reach the doorknob on the front door with them. Genius.

Anyway, since we were pretty much snowed in, I decided to put on my "good wife" hat and make Chili. I mean, what kind of snow storm would it be if I didn't provide my family homemade chili? ...and hot chocolate of course.

While we were out and about yesterday, we snagged a little snow suit for Abby. I'm glad we did! After her nap, we decided to venture out and try to snap some pictures. Here's Abby all ready to go. Confused, perhaps, but ready to go.


Abby was not a big fan of the snow. when you think about it - It's a lot to take in! I mean, last she checked, everything looked normal, and now everything has been consumed by this white stuff that is everywhere, and we want her to what? Stand in it?? This picture is the only time Abby really touched the snow - and even then it was just on the porch.


Kyle was so kind as to steal the camera from me to take a few pictures of his little ladies.

We thought we would try putting Abby in the snow again - as soon as I started to kneel down, she started grabbing at my shoulder and screaming. Poor thing, I'm sure we've traumatized her. ;)


This is where we live. Home sweet home.

I love this picture of Abs because it conveys her mood at the time so well. Jaw set, eyes scanning, one hand on daddy's shoulder for reassurance.
gotta love this.

daddy kisses - she was really kissy today.

weeeeeeeeeeee!

After about 15 minutes outside, I couldn't feel my fingers and Abby had kicked off one of her boots and my camera battery had died, so we decided to come in and warm up. I snapped this picture of Abby playing with my phone - it cracks me up. She looks so old to me.


After we put Abby down for another nap (some days she takes one and some days two - we're at that awkward in between stage). Kyle was a super husband and cleaned off my car for me. He started to shovel the driveway too when the landlord drove by and told him that he had hired somebody to come plow it for us within the hour. So, Kyle came back in.

About an hour later, our landlord comes by to say that the plow guy bailed on him and asked if Kyle wanted to come help him shovel the driveway. So, Kyle did, because Kyle is nice. It's one of those New England rights of passage, y'know?

And the best part of today was when we found out that I'm off work tomorrow! Yay! This is good because I, of course, could use the time to work on several projects. Maybe we'll go play in the snow tomorrow too - we'll see.

And lastly, I'll leave you with this short video of Abby. She didn't want to sit up, so her hand motions are a little limited - but I think you'll get the idea. :)

1 comment:

Cari said...

So cute!! I love the pictures. I would love a day to play in the snow. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas week!

background

counter