Thursday, December 31, 2009

quick hello

It's always hard to keep up with blogging when you travel. Our days have been stocked full of Christmas activities and family time and visiting friends and traveling around the state to see people. It's been nearly impossible for me to find the time - but on this early morning, either Abby is still sleeping, or I can't hear her...so I'm gonna send this quick blog just to make myself feel better.

We have so much to document about our trip so far, and its not over yet. I left my camera cord in Boston, so I can't upload any of my pictures yet (wha-wha).

Our travels down here went well. Abby didn't sleep at all on the planes and passed out for the 15 mins on our layover - so she was a tired duck by the time we got to Little Rock. Of course, then, we took her to my aunts house where both our families and friends had gathered and she was passed around and admired by those folks until she just couldn't keep her eyes open any more. She's such a trooper. My aunt and uncle put together a lovely dinner and Kyle and I really enjoyed seeing all of our family in one place. It was raining when we got here and the rain turned to a thunderstorm. I've said it before, but I miss those and it was kinda neat to get one right away.

Driving back to conway in the rain wasn't quite as fun. For all the fun northerns make of people who can't drive in snow....driving in a downpour like that one is much harder - in my humble opinion. But, we eventually got to Kyle's parent's house and put Abby down for the night. We weren't far behind.

Christmas Eve and Christmas were busy but great. But, I'm going to save those days to talk about later - when I have my pictures. For now, it suffices to say that Abby had a great time, got lots of thoughtful things and by her third Christmas (and third city that day - whew) she had the unwrapping part of the holiday down pretty well.

We've spent our time since then hanging out with Kyle's family, then mine, then visiting Billie Jo and Ricky, and several other friends. Abby got to meet baby Avery and baby Pratt and I know we all thoroughly enjoyed watching the kids play. :) We've got 4 or 5 more visits to make today before Kyle flies home friday morning. I don't leave till Sunday because I wanted to spend as much time as possible in AR...but truth be told, I'm a little nervous about traveling with Abs by myself. I know things will be ok - it's just nice when you have help.

And then I hit the ground running - back to work on Monday. Sigh.

Abby has enjoyed being around everybody - she has no shortage of people waiting for their turn to hold her - and she's actually done very well with meeting so many "new" people. She's had all kinds of new foods. We've thrown caution to the wind a lot - she's had her first mexican food, marshmallows, vanilla wafers, popcorn, reese's peanut butter christmas trees, and all the various dinners we've had. The kid has been eating a TON though. I don't know where she puts it, honestly... We'll get back into our normal routines soon enough. She's not had a bottle since we got to Arkansas, nor has she had any formula. She decided that milk and water are great - and we've been going with it. Now we just have to figure out what to do with this formula we don't want to take back with us. I'm proud of her though.

While I've enjoyed our time with our family very very very much, it's exhausting. Even with rest and fun and game nights and date nights and all the good things we've done - it's just tiring being away from your home. Living out of suitcases and all. I'll be glad to return to our little spot in the northeast even though I always miss this home of ours as well. It's a funny spot to be in. Two homes.

But more on that another day. More on everything another day - I need to remember to document Abby's first real Christmas. For now, I've gotta go wake up the baby and the husband. Our next visit-date is in 30 mins and I'm the only one up.

I'll write soon!


No comments:

background

counter