Tuesday, July 27, 2010

everyday stuff

As Abs and I are both shaking off the last bits of this cold, we've had a few laid back days which has been nice. I love summer vacation. I just thought I'd throw a few pictures up to document a few things.

I like this picture because despite her (obviously) runny nose and the fact that she is hoarse and sick still in her PJs - nothing is going to stop her from putting on her jewelry and dancing.

by the way, these crazy bandz were a disney/airplane intervention
- they work, too. She loves em. Isn't that weird?

Yesterday, we went to pick up Kyle from work and the weather was so perfect. About 85 degrees and no humidity. We ended up walking around the city a bit and grabbing dinner out just so we could be outside longer. While at dinner, I caught Abs giving me this new face she does. It cracks me up, mostly because I know she's totally imitating a face I give her all the time.
doesn't she look so grown up?

Abby got a whole sundae as part of her meal - we tried to get her to eat some, she took one bite before she refused to get close to it again, but I got this picture that looks like she's totally about to dig in. :)

This morning, we just went to the park. Abby is getting to be so independent. I no longer have to follow her around on to every piece of equipment, she can climb and slide all on her own now.
but she still likes the swings the best

Sadly, we had our first sign of aggression at the park too. Abby was sitting on a step, and I suppose she thought this made her queen of the step because the next thing I know, a little girl is trying to climb by her and Abby reached out and pushed her a little - not really enough for the girl to notice, but Abby was visibly angry at her. I redirected Abby and all was well. But, later, she was sitting on the same step again and her bridge-troll side came out again when a little boy tried to pass her - she grabbed at his leg and was opened her mouth to bite him! I stopped her before she could, but it was so odd. I know she doesn't get to spend a lot of time with other kids, but it's just weird to see her aggressive out of the blue like that. Anyway, we left the park after that with due admonishment to the wee one.

I have a feeling that our terrible twos are juuust around the corner.

Luckily, 98% of the time, she's still sweet. :)

so, nothing big to report - just a little bit of our everyday stuff. Of course, these days are what build the years, so I'm glad to document them too. :)

1 comment:

*Jen* said...

Love the PJ pic with the beads — we've been very into bead necklaces at our house too.
"her bridge-troll side" -- LOL :)

background

counter