Monday, July 26, 2010

Hi Blog!

Hi! Remember me? Has this been my longest blog hiatus ever? It sure feels like it.

We didn't have internet on our vacation until the last day or so, and I couldn't even blog or facebook on my phone for the most part - so we were cut off from updating everyone on our day to day activities. And so, now, here I am 12 days later and I don't know where to start.

Overall, vacation was great. I took something like 1600 pictures and pared them down to 200 good ones and shared 100 on facebook, and picked 20 of my favorites to share here.

We very much enjoyed spending time with Kyle's parents and sister on the beach. Abs had fun swimming in the pool and in the ocean. She wasn't so thrilled with the sand at first, but after a little while, she got the hang of it and stopped having to wash her hands every time a single piece of sand touched her (she's a very clean child.)

Unlike last year when she could barely sit on her own - this year she was able to interact with the beach and ocean. She learned a lot of new vocabulary, she learned to dig in the sand, stomp sand castles, and search for shells. We learned how to throw shells and seaweed back into the ocean. She learned how to squat down in the surf and jump up when the waves came. She learned that she could run along the beach for as long as she wanted - and she loved it.

I was happy that we were able to avoid sunburns the whole trip. I mean, I had her pretty well greased up with high SPF sunscreen, hats, and coverups - but still - she's so pale...I was worried. But, we all made it home burn free. Yay!

Of course, there was also Disney - which is a whole post in itself. Abby was sick on Disney day. :( She woke up with a low fever and a cold, but she was SUCH a trooper. Despite being sick, hot, over stimulated, nap deprived and kept up 5/6 hours Past her bedtime - she never once melted down or really even cried. She had a really good time most of the day. We all did. We felt blessed that things went so well. Of course, it was utterly exhausting, but fun exhausting. I can't believe I have a kid and that she's already been to Disney. crazy. Sometimes I think this parent thing Never sinks in.

I will try to update more over the next few days, but Abby gave me her cold and I've been dragging a little since we got back. I will, however, update before the next 12 days passes. ;)

Until then, enjoy the pictures (I downloaded these from facebook and then uploaded them again since the originals are on Kyle's computer - so I apologize for the low quality)


Also, most of you are on facebook already, but for those who may not be - here are the rest of the pictures from there should you want to see them:

first popcicle

gotta play somewhere...


sunrise

being a little dainty about the sand ;)

classic. first trip to Disney

riding the magic carpet ride with auntie kikki


her model pose



fresh watermelon seaside, yum.


she has my hair.





stomping sand castles




3 comments:

Cari said...

Awesome pics! I love the "model pose" one! I am glad you guys had so much fun. I'm slightly, ok REALLY, jealous of you guys getting to see the beach! :)

Bobbi Sharp said...

Amazing, I swear Abs grew overnight...she looks like such a big girl. :)

Brandy@YDK said...

love the dainty beach pose

background

counter