Friday, July 30, 2010

a really great day

Lucky Ducks you are! Two blogs in one night. ;o)

While getting the new stroller was a highlight of the day, it wasn't the only one, and I wanted to take a second just to jot down some memories.

It actually started last night. I stayed up too late - like till 4:30am late. Why? Well, I had an extra glass of wine that made me not so sleepy. I ended up talking to Billie Jo for several hours while she drove back to Portland from Eugene. Next thing I know, it's 4:30 and I'm tired.

So, needless to say, this morning came a little too early for my liking. It was also a little too bright. But, it's not like I had the option of just going back to sleep. Kyle needed to get to work and Abby needed tending to. So, I thought that maybe if I just acted like I was awake, I could trick myself.

I got up, showered, dressed, took Kyle to work, and stole Abby away to Target with me. Oh, Target.

First things first - I needed coffee. So, Abs and I shared some lemon pound cake and I sipped on some caffine for breakfast. Both were delicious. After that, we strolled around the store and found the big 75% off toy sale. I was very excited to see that they had several nice toys that are perfect for Abby's age and interest marked down. So, I got her several things that we're going to keep until her birthday. Things that were $20 were marked down to $4.25! In all, I got about $68 worth of toys for a whopping $16 bucks. I cannot tell you how good that felt. It made me giddy.

So, we spent some more time at Target looking for other deals and got some other stuff too. Abby was decently behaved. She often tries to stand up in carts now. At first, I would just tell her to sit down, and she would. Then, I had to make her sit down. But, now - she's really good about locking her knees and not going back down and if you do make her - she just screams. So, what to do? I decided that if she refused to sit, I'd refuse to move. So, our trip took a little longer since we had several standing breaks where she just wanted to stand. The cute thing is that most of the time, she would stand up, and lean on me to give me a hug for 30 seconds or so, and then sit back down. So, while I certainly don't want to reinforce standing in the cart - it was nice to get so many hugs. She's got my number, huh? ;o)

Anyway, we finished our shopping and Abby won a bag of popcorn as a treat for being pretty good (plus it was snack time). Apparently, popcorn is magic. She happily snacked on that stuff until we got home - and that included another detour to the grocery store. Magic, I tell you.


Well, my Target spoils had me in a giddy mood still when we got home. I fed Abs and played with her and put her to nap. As soon as I came downstairs, the stroller was delivered. I seriously felt like it was Christmas morning. So, I spent nap time putting the stroller together and playing with it. Abs slept late and I eventually had to wake her up around 4:30. We took a quick test run and went to get Kyle from work.


Once we all got home, it was time to start dinner. I decided to try something different. I'd never done it before, but we made an italian sausage/pepper/onion sub thing. I sauteed the peppers and onions with portobello mushrooms and added the sausage. Toasted the subs (which was really just a french loaf cut in half), added provolone and seasonings and broiled it for a few minutes. Topped it off with some italian dressing and called it dinner. They turned out better than I expected, so that was another good note for the day. :)


After dinner, we decided to make a quick run to the post office to mail off some stuff I had forgotten about. Of course, we took the new stroller and the three of us enjoyed an early evening stroll. It was nice. I mean, the weather was perfect and everything.

To top off the day, we decided to stop for an ice cream treat on the way home. Is there a better way to end a day than a chocolate malt? I didn't think so. What a great day.

We put Abs to bed and cleaned up the house and now I'm here blogging. I just wanted to remember today. It was a really nice day, and to think I nearly started it in a bad mood - what a waste that would have been. ;)

No comments:

background

counter