Friday, May 6, 2011

board game

edit- I wrote this post and fell asleep several times at the end (yes, I know it's short) but I apparently deleted the first quarter of the post - so I'm re-adding this. 

My sweet friend Billie Jo and her husband Ricky sent us a package yesterday.  Inside was a box full of fun for all of us.  The girls got lots of fun things - one of which was Abby's first board game.  :)

Abby was excited about it.  I told her we could play after nap and as soon as nap was over she was asking about it.  I mean, how can something named CANDYland not be exciting to a two year old?  

So, I unwrapped everything and told her how to play.  She did pretty well - seemed to understand enough, or at least was able to follow my directions well.  



It didn't take long, however, before Abby discovered the "real" way to play the game.  You see, Abs was 200% sure that you're supposed to match the cards with the spots on the board.  Fair enough - so we played that way for a while too.


But, once I let loose the sorting monster - she doesn't hold back.  Next I know, we're sorting cards by colors, lining up the game pieces, and puting everything where it goes.


I had a lot of fun, and wanted to document this first.  I know I had a lot of fun with this particular mommy-Abby activity.  And Abby told me the rest of the day "Pwaying games wif mommy was weally weally fun!"  ...and that is always nice to hear.



So Thank you Billie Jo & Ricky - we had a blast. :)

I'm hoping to write more later - but I'm getting tired and still have things to get done before I retire for the evening...so, we'll see.  Generally speaking - things are going well, we're adjusting slowly but surely an both girls are doing fabulously well with this transition.  :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Glad for all thaT FUN!

Granny

background

counter