Wednesday, May 25, 2011

nap time tidbits

It's warming up, finally. :)

I took Abs and Elizabeth to our playgroup this morning.  We all met at the park because the day was so nice- in the 70s and sunny and just nice.  We spent 3 hours there and could have stayed longer had lunchtime and naptime not called.  I think we'll be going back to the park this afternoon as well.  I love days that are this nice.  I hope we spend a lot of time outside this summer - it's so good for Abby to be able to run and climb and jump and dig and play.

My free trial for my photo software ran out, so I bought it...but I'm waiting for it to get here.  Until then,  I don't have my preferred way to upload my pics off my camera, so it's kinda slow on the photo front lately.  Well, slow on the posting front -I'm still taking lots. ;)

Knock on wood, but for the past two days, I've managed to get the girls to take naps at the same time.  This has happened before, but it's more structured lately.  I'm optimistic about this trend continuing for as long as we can swing it.

I just realized that today is Wednesday and that I didn't even look at the You Capture assignment for the week.  Hm.  I need to get back on that.  I enjoy the weekly photo challenges.

Elizabeth developed a bout of baby acne which (knock on wood, again) seems to be clearing up a little now.  Also, she seems to be smiling.  I think it happens too often for it to be just coincidence now.  She loves it when I tickle her neck and when I tap her nose.

The one thing I don't love about spring, and more specifically, the weather change - is bugs.  It got warm, then it got really cold again, and we have ants here and there now.  The big ones.  Ugh.  On one hand, I'm glad they travel alone and not in droves and I'm glad they're big enough to be seen...but, ugh!  Why can't they just live outside and be happy?  I only see a few every day...but still, it's everyday.  I'm buying some ant traps this afternoon.  There's also a wasp trapped in our laundry room.  I don't know how he got in and I don't know how to get him out.  I think I may just stop doing laundry.

The other day Abby said "I see an ant mommy!"  I looked, and there was one.  Of course, Abby has no concept of pet vs pest.  She likes them.  She talks to them.  She thinks they're neat (and they are...when they're outside).  Without thinking, I swatted it with a rolled up newspaper.  Abby says "...mommy, where'd the ant go?"  I realized I was not ready to introduce her to the concept of death at that moment and told her that the ant went home.  Now?  Whenever she hears me swat at one she asks, "that ant going home now?"

#mommyfail.

Another Abbyism.  She has this bad habit of taking off her shoes in the car.  We're working on it.  She often takes off her shoe, holds it up to her ear and says "Hello?"  One day I asked her if she thought she was Maxwell Smart talking on her shoe phone.  Well, she caught on that I was making a joke of sorts and so it, of course, encouraged the problem.  So, now she routinely takes off her shoe, holds it up to her ear and says, "look mommy!  I'm smart!"

...it's really hard not to laugh.

What else?  Oh, I dunno.  Nap time is almost over and I've spent it catching up online and am just now seeing the house of chaos and mess in front of me that probably should have warrented my attention first.     C'est la vie.  I won't be able to see it while we're at the park anyway. :)

Here are  few phone pics from this morning.

the tail end of a smile


Abby rocking her first real braid.  This is my new favorite way to deal with those unruly bangs. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yea for parks! they can save the day.

Granny

background

counter