Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mother's day etc.

I will find time to blog, I will find time to blog...

So, Mother's Day.  It was good. :)  In a lot of ways, it was a normal Sunday for us, but that was fine and I think I kinda preferred it that way.  The day started with Abby bouncing around on the bed to wake me up.  We snuggled, we pretended to sleep, I tickled her, she tickled me, and we eventually went downstairs for breakfast.  

she gave me this card...with just a little help from daddy. ;)

I liked it Very much.

We all got ready and went to church.  After church we headed to Cheesecake Factory...along with every other person in Boston.  But, it was nice.  Abby was well behaved, the food was good, and the meal ended with a Reeses peanut butter chocolate cake cheesecake...that I didn't share. ;)

Abs discovered the spoon & ice cube game.  Endless fun.
...she also dipped her bread in that water...every bite.  Um, I dunno.

After lunch, we let Abs play in the playspace for a while (to her immense happiness) and then I decided to introduce Kyle to Anthropologie.  Funny story.  Kyle had never heard of this store, but, for whatever reason - there were about a dozen random references to it all week long.  On TV shows, from friends, neighbors, I dunno, it was weird.  So, it's right by the playspace so we were browsing around.  I can't afford anything in that store, but I LOVE looking.  We actually did end up getting a little decorative thing for Elizabeth's room - which was my Mother's Day present.  And, I know I'm a real mom because I was really happy to buy something for E for my present.  

Anyway.  I check out and find Abs and Kyle sitting on a couch and Abby is pretending to be sad.  I say "Hey, Abs - you want to carry this bag?"  She jumps up and says "Oh Yes!"  So I give her the little shopping bag and she puts it on her shoulder and runs out of the store yelling "Yay! I'm so happy now!"

...needless to say that drew some eye rolls from the husband. :)

Anyway, the rest of the day was normal.  Abs and Kyle and E took naps - I spent time outside with Abs and just hung out.  It was a good day. 

Just a few more random pics.

This evening, Abby went upstairs while we were cooking dinner and came down with a hand full of toys and two books.  She announced "I going to read to baby ewizabeff"  She stood there and turned the pages for her to see - she read the book from memory of course, but it was the sweetest thing.  

Abs really is a good helper - but if I leave a bottle out, baby will get fed.  I went to the kitchen to check on something and I hear "Look mom! I'm helping!"  Elizabeth doesn't seem to mind the extra feedings.

Oh, also.  Monday,  Elizabeth had her 2 week appointment.  She looks great.  She's gaining weight well (9lbs 5 oz) and they measured her at 22 inches.  Not sure about that, but I don't suppose it really matters.

At any rate, she's doing well.  :) 

1 comment:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Just the other day, my dad gave Gracie a swedish crisp bread, and she dipped every bite in her water before she ate it! and then actually ate it, which I found rather disgusting.

and I guess you watch the Office, too? :P

background

counter