Saturday, September 3, 2011

artist in training

Yesterday, Abby wanted to color.  She's been asking to color increasingly often lately.  I'd bought her a little colorable folder with butterflies on the front...so, we dove into that.

She had fun with that....but she was more intrigued with the blank inside of the folder.  She asked for me to draw a star.  So, I did. Then she, very carefully colored it in.  She really took her time and concentrated really hard.  I just sat there and watched her.  

When she was done - she was so proud of herself.  She asked me to draw a circle, then a triangle, and a heart - then "mommy, please draw me a rhombus please?"  Cracked me up. But, of course I did.  And she colored each one so carefully.  

This is where I decide my child does not have ADHD - at all.  She sat at that table probably close to 40 mins just coloring.  

lefty

side laugh

so proud of her work

Abby insisted that her marker caps be turned upside down, on their end, on the table while she wasn't using them. 


After her shapes, she asked for a coloring book.  She spent a good little while coloring Boots here.  Her favorite colors yesterday were red and orange.  I can't really translate how proud she was of herself.  It was awesome.


2 comments:

Linda said...

WOW and more Wow. Please tell Abb y that Granny is very happy with how well she colors.

Granny

Anonymous said...

Well done, Abby! We couldn't be prouder of how good your coloring skills are. I'm seriously wondering if some our 10th grade Geometry students know what a rhombus is?? Lol!

Hugs,

Ouma

background

counter