Saturday, March 28, 2009

bits of the week

Before I get too far behind, there were several things from this last week that I wanted to post here.  

We had a great week with Kyle's parents.  We were able to get out and do quite a few things and it was nice to show them around and to enjoy their company.  We did the freedom trail the first weekend they were here and had a relaxing monday after that.  On Tuesday, we all went to the Boston Symphony Orchestra (big thanks to Mary & Karen for babysitting!)  The music was great and it was a nice event.  It did make me miss playing french horn - they're such beautiful instruments. :)  It also made me remember when my parents would take me to concerts and I would sit there and make up stories in my head to match the music.  I still do that. I hope Abby will too one day. 

Here are a few shots from that evening.
 

the next night we met up with some life-long friends of the shachs.  They treated us to an excellent Italian dinner and we enjoyed their company.  On Thursday, Kyle's parents babysat while Kyle and I went on a date.  It was nice.  Kyle took us to the restaurant on top of the Prudential Center here in Boston (a tall building downtown).  We enjoyed the view, the atmosphere, and our 3 yummy meals with a different wine for each course.  Lobster bisque, lamb, and creme brulee - if you're not careful, one could get used to that kind of food pretty quick.  






After dinner, Kyle and I went and got some coffee - and Kyle got a cookie.  Then we walked around Barnes & Nobel for a little bit before heading home.  As the coffee lady handed him the cookie he ordered, Kyle said "Oh, actually, could you warm that up for me?"  He really just loves warm cookies - but it came across a bit on the snooty side and we both had a good laugh about turning into snobs after one nice dinner out.  As you can see though, he was quite happy.



On Friday, it was time for the Shachmuts to head home (which is a whole other story and it suffices to say that they did not have the easiest time getting back to Arkansas).  We enjoyed a nice lunch at Legal Seafoods before driving them to the airport and saying our so-longs. 





It was great having my in-laws around and I'm lucky to have such great ones.  I KNOW Abby really enjoyed the extra attention and lovin' as well.  

1 comment:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

You guys had a great week!

(btw, excellent taste- G has the same car seat AND blankie:)

background

counter