Friday, March 20, 2009

pat-pat

Kyle and I give each other "pat-pats" when we accomplish something good.  Often trivial things.  Sometimes I will actually pat Kyle on the head as to say "good job"  but more often it goes like this: 

Me: "Hey, I didn't stop at starbucks today, pat-pat?"
Kyle: "pat-pat"
Me: *grin*

So, today I'm giving myself some pat-pats.  

1.  I was almost on time for work today.  The closest I've been since coming back.  Maybe one day my child will compromise with me and allow me to leave the house on time for once.  Maybe not, but today was closer.  

2.  I got 70 pictures printed for 3.00

3. I fixed our bed (with real tools even) which had a wobbly leg that was driving me crazy. 

4. I've lost 5 lbs since Feb.   Small gains..er...losses...but it's better than nothing.

5. I put Abby in the moby and did laundry and got other things done around the apt. 

6.  I drank 2 liters of water.

7.  I didn't buy a candybar in the checkout line even though I really really wanted to. 

Of course, my whole day wasn't pat-pat worthy - I did spend several hours watching TV tonight and (hanging head in shame) ordered pizza for dinner.  Maybe I'll make up for it tomorrow somehow. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pat pat

you inspired me to drink more water.

pat pat

Granny

Ricky Rodriguez said...

Pat-pat x 20

jennybee said...

patter pat pat. What they said. I'm going to have a pat-pat day, too. Sibling rivalry and all.

background

counter