Sunday, March 1, 2009

busy weekend!

What a weekend we've had!

We have been busy hanging out with Billie Jo, going to the NASP conference, seeing old friends, galavanting around the city, and much more.  Friday was a long day, but a good day.  We took Abby to the NASP conference to meet up with several people.  While Billie Jo gave her presentation, we caught up with Dr. Dielmann (a grad school professor of mine) and my friend Laurel.  We saw several other Arkansas folks briefly here and there.  It was nice to catch up with Dielmann and Laurel spent the rest of the evening with us.  Here's a picture of Abby completely lovin' Dielmann's purple shirt.  :)

Photobucket

Billie Jo met up with us and we all set to go back to the apartment for a while, put abby down, and then head back out.  Long story short: a train broke down and blocked the tracks and we waited for an hour underground with tons of other people and a fussy baby for the next ride home.  Eventually, we did catch a train.  

Photobucket

Kyle was a Superstar dad and said he would stay home with Abs for the night and let me go have a slumber party with Billie Jo at her hotel.  :)  Laurel, Billie Jo and I enjoyed some PF Changs before Billie Jo and I headed back to her room.  In true school girl fashion, of course we didn't sleep.  We stayed up chatting to nearly 5 in the morning...this tends to happen when we share a room.  We eventually fell asleep and slept in till almost noon!  After a trip to starbucks, we walked around the city in search of baby jeans.  It was so nice to have a night away to spend with Billie Jo and to not worry about changing diapers.  Of course I missed my little Abby bug, so we headed back to my place.  Kyle, of course, did a great job with her all night and even managed to clean the apartment some.  I gave him 15 huzby points.  

Photobucket

After spending some down time at the apartment, my friends Tacara & Jason came over to babysit Abby while Kyle, Billie Jo and I went out to a nice seafood dinner.  Big thanks to Tacara for coming over!  We had a great dinner and it was nice to, once again, spend some grown up time out on the town.  After dropping Billie Jo off at her hotel and saying our so-longs, we headed home.  

Cheers!  With Bon-bons.  
Photobucket

It was so so so good to spend time with friends this weekend.  I enjoyed every second.  

In other news: Remember how I said I'm starting back to work on Monday?  Well, apparently y'alls prayers paid off because God is sending us somewhere between 6-15 inches of snow (yeah, happy March, huh?) and school is CANCELLED.  Whoot!  

I know it's just one more day and that all my school psych friends are cursing the skies because they have so much to do and deadlines to deal with - but, hey, I can be happy I get one more day home with my baby, right?

It will be an interesting week of transitions for us.  Abby is starting to sleep in her big crib at night, I'll be starting back to work and Kyle is on spring break.  Wish us luck. :)

I have so much more I want to write about (including my WONDERFUL Mother's Birthday!!!), but I feel that this is getting long, and Abby is requiring my attention.  I'll have to add some posts later.  Until then, here are a few more pictures of the wee one. 

On Abby's first train ride (in her stroller) she suddenly noticed that her good friend Mr. Zebra had decided to join her.  She looked so happy to see a familiar face and "flirted" with him for most of the ride into the city.  It was very cute.  
Photobucket

Here she is enjoying her king sized bed.  Yeah, she said the crib was just not cuttin' it - she needs room to stretch out y'know?
Photobucket

Oh, remember those jeans we were looking for?  Here's Abigail in her first pair!  I Love them.  I could write a whole post on how much I love baby jeans - but for now, I'll just leave you the picture. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love baby jeans too! Max is in his 2nd size, and he's about to outgrow these too!

Jessica said...

We can get Penny's cloth diaper butt into jeans - so we're all about the legwarmers :) Abby looks adorable!

Billie Jo said...

Well, we didn't do very good about me taking a picture of the three of you or of me getting a picture for this bio... oh well. We were too busy having fun. :-)

Cari said...

That is so fun that you got to see some familiar faces!! I love the pic of Abs and Dielhman!! Thanks for sharing.

background

counter