Wednesday, March 25, 2009

so good.

Abby, 

You are a good baby.  We know this and we appreciate this, but sometimes we forget that not all babies are like you.  Don't get me wrong, you have your moments when you cry and scream and pout and throw hissy fits - but 90% of the time, you are a very good baby.  Very chill. 

Tonight we went out to dinner with your grandparents and some friends.  We went to a nice little italian place - not the kind of place that gets a lot of babies - and we got there about 30 mins before your normal bedtime.  We were all just a little worried that you might not make it through dinner without getting mad at us for keeping you out and (gasp) make a scene.

At 6:30, you spit out your pacifier and look at me.  It was time for dinner.  You knew that, I knew that.  So, I give you a bottle.  Well, give is about all I did - we propped it up on a cloth and you basically fed yourself.  Once you were done with the bottle, I put your paci back in.  Your head band fell around your eyes - but you didn't care.  In fact, the darkness helped lull you to sleep.  You were gone by 7:00 - just like if we had been at home.  

Well, I didn't think much about this - I was happy you were getting some rest.  We finished dinner close to 9pm.  As we were leaving, the waitresses all came up and commented on you.  They were all just blown away by how good you were.  "Not a peep all night, amazing!" they all said.   Of course they said you were a cutie, adorable, a little angel and all too.  Apparently they had been waiting for us to leave before they said anything because they didn't want to jinx us.  It just surprised me by how surprised they were by you.  It reminded that your dad and I are pretty lucky.  You're a good baby.  Thanks for that.  

Anyway.  I just wanted to document it.  Y'know, just in case you turn out to be a really difficult teenager.  

6 comments:

Mom of 2 boys said...

Way to go Abby! Laura - does it make you feel guilty having such a good baby - given all of the problems some are having? I know I sometimes feel like I have to complain about Shane's bad nights just to make it seem like I don't have it made. = )

jennybee said...

Lol, I loved the teenager part.

She's storing up all that mischief to spring on you when you're not looking. ; )

Heather said...

Laura- I know exactly what you mean. We've been commented, too, on how good Max is while we are out. He just sits and watches people. Isn't it wonderful?!

We probably will have awful teens though. LOL

hannah said...

of course she's a good baby. look at her mom and dad. i'm not surprised AT ALL. really, i'm not.

i feel the same way sometimes about pratt. and i think i'm taking it all for granted. and i worry that if we ever have any other kids, they'll be terrible. that would totally be my luck!

glad ya'll had a nice, long, late dinner. i love those :)

Anonymous said...

It use to kind of embarrass me what a very good baby you were. You just seemed to expect a good time. Maybe, you arre just getting your time now.

Granny

Yvonne A said...

Wait till she starts flirting with the wait-staff like you did, Laura. You were a hoot. I'm so glad the Abster is a good baby, just like you were.

background

counter