Saturday, March 7, 2009

She did it!

She slept through the night!

I am not naive enough to believe that this will be our norm from now on - but it shows that Abigail CAN sleep through the night now (if the stars are aligned juuuust right).

She went down a little before 7pm and woke up around 6:30am.  I didn't even wait for her to make her usual "Hey, mom, I'm awake" noises.  I actually heard her yawn from our room and I was on my feet.  She woke up in the best mood.  :)  I'm putting together a video of her morning smiles - they are the best.  Someday I'll finish it.  

Anyway.  Kyle and I fell asleep in the living room and I woke up around 1:30.  We figured she'd be waking up soon to eat, but thought we might as well try to sleep until then.  I woke up again at 3 to find that Kyle was not there.  So, I got up and found him in the living room on the computer - he couldn't sleep.  I couldn't sleep.  We went back to bed and talked.  Around 4 - I couldn't stand it, I had to go check on her.  I moved her blanket a little and she gave a little content sigh.  I went back to sleep.  I woke up at 6 and stayed in bed listening for her to wake up.  So, at that first yawn - I went and got her.

Never in my life has 6:30 in the morning seemed so late.  

It was also fantastic that while I was changing her and I opened the blinds by her changing table, we saw the most beautiful sunrise over downtown (well, ok, the sun was mostly up, but it was reeeallly pretty still)

I felt very refreshed as I fed her this morning - letting all the sunlight spill into her nursery - sitting in her glider and seeing her perfectly happy.  Of course it's nice that its Saturday.  

I've been in a wonky mood the past few days.  Kinda down.  So, I'm ecstatic to be in such a good mood today.  I think Kyle and I are going to go shopping for a few small things, which will be fun also.  

So, Abigail, I'm so proud of you for sleeping ALL night long!  Good job.  I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! We are getting so close, but I am just waiting to be able to do that blog-ha!! Last night was good. 12 hours of sleep, only woke up once. I bet we are close!

If you do decide to make your blog a book...Abby will love to read all your entries one day and save them for when she has a baby. It really is awesome!

Hope yall have a fun day together.

Kristen said...

Do you think Abigail could call Nate and tell him this is the "in" thing to do? My boy hasn't made it past 5 hours yet.

Congrats on the all nighter - hopefully next time you will get some more sleep yourself.

background

counter