Saturday, December 11, 2010

Abby turns two!

She didn't ask my permission to grow older, y'know.  
And, I haven't really wrapped my mind around the fact that she's two 
(or will be in a few hours from now)


But, I'll write more about that later.  Right now, I just want to document her birthday party that we had this afternoon.  It was a crayon theme, which is perfect for Abby right now.  


She spent all afternoon pointing out all the colors and decorations and she really had a nice time.  It was a small gathering, but Abby didn't notice a bit.  We had a blast. 

One day, years from now, Abby will look back on these pictures.  And, even though she will probably have no memory of this day, I hope she sees that her daddy and I had a lot of fun putting together a fun party for her.  In fact, we probably had as much fun putting together everything as Abby did partying in it. 
So, here's her crayon party.  Happy 2nd birthday Abby!

 some of our party decor - Abby was particularly pleased with the "BIG cway-ons"

For party favors, we kept with the crayon theme.  I found some crayon rolls on Etsy that I loved and packed them away with some other themed goodies.

These were a lot of to make.  They're just chocolate covered pretzels wrapped like crayons, but Abby thought they were fun. :)


So, I'm not going to admit how long it took me to make the platter - but I'm happy with it and it really help set the atmosphere for the rest of the stuff. 

We did rainbow cupcakes, so here's a side view.

 Abby trying to blow a party horn.

this is her silly face (one of them)

Abby and her friend Emma sharing the picnic table to eat their treats.


Then, we had some color time on big poster boards.  Sorry, I didn't get many pictures of things as I was wrangling at the same time.


After coloring, we opened presents.  Abby was spoiled by friends and family for sure.  She got a lot of really great things and we're super appreciative of everything!  This music cat was a big hit.


I plan to do this picture every year till she's 100.

Karen

Abby trying out HER cupcake after blowing out her candle. 


And I really like this shot.  Her pefect little bite taken out of her birthday cupcake.

So, like I said, I'll write more substance later.  Once I get this kid to bed, sit down for a second, and let my brain TRY to understand how in the world my baby girl is two.  I'm not sure it's possible - or if I'll make it through this acceptance phase without tissue - but I'm sure I'll have something to say about it too.

Thanks to everyone who helped make Abby's party a lot of fun today.  We love you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure was a wonderful (and colorful) party.

Granny

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday to Abby! I love your crayon themed party. What a great idea. The pretzels are awesome. It makes me want to come up with some sort of excuse to make those.
Your first shot of the crayons is really cool too.

background

counter