Tuesday, December 7, 2010

pics & vids

I'm on the mend, but I caught whatever 24 hour bug Abby had over the weekend.  Miserable.  I'll spare you the details, but I'm thankful for Kyle who walked to the store in 20 degree weather to get me gatorade and for Abby who kept checking on me to see if "mommy's tummy boo-boo" was ok.  

The poor kid.  She was scared to see me sick, and it's it's own, twisted, way - it was kinda sweet.  She was worried and would yell "mommy? mama?  mama ok?" and then she'd cry.  Sigh.   And I tell you what - I don't know that I've ever felt more like a mom than locking myself in a bathroom and intermittently yelling down the hall in my most cheerful voice "mommy's fine! yay!  mommy is happy!"  just to calm a little girl's fears. 

But, I said I'd spare you the details didn't I?

For now, I'm just gonna share a few phone pics I've been storing. 

Abby is all about counting right now.  The other night at dinner, she didn't want a thing to eat - but spent the whole meal playing with the sugar packets on the table.  I remember doing that as a kid too.  She counted them over and over, she organized them by color, she put them in and took them out of the bin.
and she was perfectly happy

more counting - but then she turned and said "mama! A bwidge!"  She was being a choo-choo train and walked back and forth saying "ding-ding!"
(such a city kid sometimes - there's a train bridge by our house where the T runs)

Abby showing that she's an equal holiday celebrator.

and finally, this video just makes me happy.  It shows her personality well.  


2 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

she is such a sweetie pie. i loved the video

Yvonne A said...

I love the picture with the bunny ears, especially with what looks like a clock in the background. It really cracked me up. :)

background

counter