Wednesday, December 15, 2010

just to remember

I just wanted to remember this.

Last night, we were saying our prayers with Abby and we get to the part where we ask her what she's thankful for.  This serves two purposes - one is to be thankful and the other is to kind of review her day.

She starts off by saying she's thankful for Karen, then that she's thankful for music (she means her music cat keyboard she got for her birthday).  When we ask her what else she's thankful for - it goes like this:

Abby: "and outside!"
Me: "oh, did you go outside today?"
Abby: "Yes.  With Karen"
Kyle: "Oh, that's fun, what did you do outside with Karen?"
Abby: "down street"
Me: "Fun, you walked down the street?"
Abby: (pause) "Street, then time out"
(Kyle and I kinda look at each other)
Me: "did you get a time out today?"
Abby: "Street, then time out"
Kyle: "Did you get a time out for going in the street?"
Abby: "um, yes."

So, I texted Karen to ask if Abby got a time out today.  She said, "Yeah, we were outside about to come in and she took off towards the street without me, so she got a time out"

I'm not 100% sure why I find this so funny, but I do.  I mean, not that she was running towards the street - or that she got a time out - but, I guess it's just that she's now able to really tell us what happened during the day.

It's like she's a little person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She sure a little person. uh-oh time outs.

Granny

background

counter