Thursday, February 17, 2011

ultrasound etc

We had our final ultrasound yesterday afternoon.  Kyle and I waited for an hour in the waiting room, which was a little annoying, but not the end of the world.  The appointment was quick - just a few quick measurements to make sure the baby was growing as it should.  We got a few okay pictures, but it was nice to see the kiddo on screen again.  I can tell that s/he has gotten bigger since our last appointment.  It looks more and more like a baby.  And, while it's a little hard to tell in this picture, I think the kid looks a lot like Abby did.  I still don't have a strong feeling on a gender either way, but this brother or sister shares some of the same features.  

baby #2 at 31 weeks

The baby measured in at about 3lbs and 12 oz.  Right at the 50%tile.  So, all is well.  Now, we just wait until we get to meet the kid face to face.  

And here's what baby #2 looks like from the outside at 31 weeks. 

I'm definitely feeling pregnant these days.  Bigger.  I've outgrown several maternity shirts....and you probably don't want to get me started on my opinion of maternity shirts that are out-growable.  It's a MATERNITY shirt - make them longer people!  It's as if the designers think "Well, I could add another inch or two of length...but then it would actually work as a maternity shirt, and I only want pregnant customers who don't look pregnant and who wear normal clothes for 9 months and who fit into their size two jeans 24 hours after delivery"  Or something like that.  It's beyond me, honestly.  

anyway.  moving on.

I feel good most of the time.  I have the normal 3rd trimester aches, pulls, weird little things - but none of it worth complaining about here.  Not today anyway.  ;)

I've been eating sweets more than I should lately.  My lost sweet tooth found it's way back, and with Valentine's Day in the mix...Well, let's just say that I should probably have turned into a chocolate chip cookie by now.  But, it's all good.  I'm trying to keep it in check as I have to go in for my next appointment in a week or two. 

What else?

I've stopped doing certain things.  I can't carry Abby around for as long.  I do still lift her and carry her up and down stairs, and put her in the car and such - I mean, I have to.  But, if Kyle is around, or if I can get away with her walking - then that's what we do.  I'm finally at the point where it was becoming uncomfortable to have her sit with/on me while we read bedtime stories in her chair.  So, we've moved to her bed and now she sits beside me while we read.

I've tried to start practicing "waiting" with Abby.  If she asks me to do something, sometimes I just have her practice waiting...just for the practice of it.  I'll say "mommy can't get you milk right now because I'm doing (xyz).  Abby has to wait"  It's my mediocre attempt at getting her used to some of the new vocab that comes with having a sibling.  She's doing really well with it though - and will often tell me "Abby did a really good job waiting!"  She's a doll. 

Ok, that's enough for now.  I gotta get back to work and get some more stuff accomplished before I leave work to get other things accomplished. :)  Have a great Thursday.


2 comments:

Colleen said...

I love ultrasound pictures!! They're a fun sneak peek.

I'm glad you and baby are doing well.

Your waiting game sounds like a great idea. I never thought of doing that with my kids.

Cari said...

I catch myself looking at the ultrasound pictures saying "O I think it looks like a sweet little girl, but wait I can see a precious little boy in those eyes!" Too fun. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you. (that big word has my name in the middle of it, who know?) :)

background

counter