Monday, August 8, 2011

night mind

These are things I think about at night as I fail try to fall asleep.

- I never expected Abby's tomato plants to actually survive.  What do I do with them now?  Aren't they supposed to have a stake to climb? Or String?  I don't have a stake to put in there, but I could put a chopstick by it - would that work?  Or do I just let the plant grow until it gets heavy and falls over?  I don't really care if they make tomatoes, but I'd like them to get big enough for me to smell them because tomato vine smell is like my catnip.
- I can't find my phone, how can I not find it?  I had it in the car, and then I came inside.  It should be in one of those places.  I hope it's not on the ground outside.  I looked, but I didn't see it.  If it is - then it's done because it rained pretty hard last night.  What did we do before cell phones?  I don't particularly want to revisit that era.  Maybe Abby will know where it is.
-I can't believe how lucky I am to be taking pictures.  I got some good ones I think at today's shoot.  I wonder how many I'll end up keeping.  There's that one I really like - I need to crop it, but I think it'll come out really well.  I hope she likes them.  Sometimes I'm too critical of the pictures and I have to muzzle myself to keep from apologizing to clients about how I wish xy or z had come out differently.  I love taking pictures.  I need to decide what lens I want next.  I kinda want to go macro, but a nice zoom might be more practical.  I'm going to join the local camera club next month, I think that will help me learn more.
- I need to take more pictures of E.  I'm going to do that...as soon as I get the house organized.
- I need to rebox all of the old/future baby clothes, clean out our closets and storage spaces and repack them with newly organized bins.  Then, we'll have more space for Brittany when she comes.  I'm so glad we got rid of so much stuff at the yard sale.  I can't believe how much stuff we had, but we hadn't really purged since we moved to Boston.  Feels good.
- I need to get ready for Brittany to move in.  We're so lucky she's going to nanny for us.  It'll be a lot of fun I think.  I hope we don't drive her crazy.
- My parents are visiting this week.  That'll be crazy fun.  But, I need to clean.  Or at least, tidy.  I hate having white carpets. hate.  I really hate having white carpets with a two year old.  Maybe I should just buy a steam cleaner instead of constantly renting a Rug Doctor.  ....Or is the Rug Doctor better?  Maybe cleaning with it twice a year is better than a monthly run with a small one?  I don't know. I just know I hate our living room carpet right now.
- I have some good photo prop ideas - but they involve project-type time.  I don't have that.
- I still need to paint Abby's doll house.  I got it over a month ago and I've only painted one wall.  It's just sitting in the kitchen and I need to take care of it so I can move it upstairs to her room, and then move her kitchen stuff to her play nook, and then I'll put the stuff in the play nook....somewhere.
- I wonder if we'll ever buy a home up here.  It's hard to find one that we like and can afford.  To find a place we like in the area we like, we really need half a million bucks.  Which is crazy, and we don't have that.  So, I wonder what we'll compromise on - location? space? Or maybe we'll just rent for the next few years while Kyle finishes school.  We'll see.
- I'm glad Abby seemed to understand that she couldn't get out of bed until there was a 6 on her clock.  But, I should have been more specific in that it needed to be the first number...not the later two.
- E is growing - she's long and lean.  She's not chubby like a lot of babies and I hope that means she's gaining weight ok still.  I don't worry about her because Abby was teeny tiny (yet healthy) for the longest time...but still.  Everyone tells me she's long.  I don't really know.  I just want her to be healthy.
- Abby sings the phonic songs from her Leap Frog ABC magnets.  She started making up her own words today...which I think, pretty much means she's a genius.  She started singing "C says 'cah', C says 'cah', every letter makes a sound, C says 'cah' " and then she added "and cup!"  Her next verse was "birds say 'tweet'"  and then "E says 'e-train'" and "A says Abby"  She's so smart.  I'm really proud of her.  And I always will be, I imagine.
- I need to put that thing in the mail in the morning.

...and, that occupies my mind for about 2 minutes.  If I were to type everything that ran through my brain for the next 45 - we'd be here all week.  Luckily, sleep came, and the baby only woke once (or twice?) Either way, alls well that ends well.  Have wonderful mondays.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Ahhh. This sounds all too familiar. And I thought it was bad BEFORE having kids. No sleep for the weary. Love ya!

jennybee said...

You're so great.

Call me about the tomatoes. I accidentally grew them too.

background

counter