Thursday, August 11, 2011

southern

I don't really know how or why, but Abby has developed a southern twang.  I guess you'd have to blame me, 'cause Kyle prides himself on not having much of an accent.  Still.  There's no reason Abby's accent should be SO strong.  I have to think that part of it is from me, but that part of it is just her being a little lazy in her speech sometimes.

The hardest for her right now is the "O" sound.  Instead of saying "Down" she says "Dow-un"

The other night at dinner, Abby says: "May I get dow-un pwease?"

I giggled and Kyle shot me this look and said "don't encourage her"

But, of course, I had.  I can't help it.  I think it's cute.
The rest of the conversation went like this:

Kyle: "Abby, say dOWn"
Abby: "Dow-un"
Kyle: "dOWn"
Abby: "Dow-un?"
Kyle: "Say OW"
Abby: ""OW"
Kyle: "Good, now say dOWn"
Abby: "dow-Un"
Kyle:  (sigh) "Ok.  Abby.  What animal says "Mooo?"
Abby: "A Cow-uh"

we died laughing.  Me and Abby.  Kyle just put his head on the table and gave up.

later y'all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be her Southern Ouma!! LOL!!

Yvonne A said...

This reminds me of your Grandpa Armstrong trying to get you to say cake and you'd say "kaike." So funny!

*Jen* said...

LOVE IT!
We LIVE in the south, but I don't feel we have super-strong accents. Paige says some words sometimes that I know come from her very accented teachers at school — and, like Kyle, it makes me cringe ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Reminds me of Patrick, too. When he was little and talked to anyone on the phone, he would always say, "Hello-wah??"He still sometimes pronounces the "g" at the end of "ing" words, even now...

background

counter