Tuesday, August 2, 2011

toddler life

I've got to pick up magic erasers today.

Abby colored all over our dining room wall.  Then, we found that she had also colored on the other dining room wall, the kitchen wall, the kitchen island, the floor, and some plates.  I know what you're thinking - where were we during all this? Well,  I was upstairs putting the baby to bed...  I'll let you deduce the rest. ;)

In Kyle's defense, Abby is pretty stealthy, and he has a gimp foot and has been icing it when he can, making him less mobile.   But...yeah.

Yesterday she made a bunch of "sandwiches" out of different colored playdohs.  Then, she put them in sandwich bags and put them all the fridge.  When Kyle got home, she ran to the fridge and got them out for us saying, very proudly, that she had made daddy sandwiches for supper.

While I was putting E down for nap, Abby cleaned several of her books with her magic-spray.  I know that her fears are reducing when she's decided that the magic spray is really a cleaning spray.  I came out of the nursery and she says "mommy, I cleaned all my books, come look!" She proudly showed me all the pages in several books that were "nice and clean" and "oh so smooth!"

I pulled about 8 stickers out of her hair last weekend.

At lunch, I gave her some ranch to dip her veggies in.  She didn't want to dip her veggies, or crackers, or turkey in it.  She wanted to dip her raisins in it.  She insisted it was "so yummy!"  I remain unconvinced.

We watched a cartoon about Aspergers Syndrome and when it was done, she asked for an "Apple Burger" too.

I sometimes sit in her room while she falls asleep at night, or nap time.  It just cuts down on the number of times I have to put her back in bed.  The other night, she sang lullabies and bedtime poems to herself for about 20 mins.  It was sweet.

Abby laid on E's feet the other day and started whining that "E-train is kicking me, mom!"  --> this is me rolling my eyes.

....just a few memories I wanted to jot down before we start this day.  Life with a toddler is good.

3 comments:

hannah said...

i like the "gimp foot" remark a whole lot. but i love her asking for an apple burger.

she the funniest kid ever.

it gets so overwhelming at times. pratt does this really weird roar with his hand and mouth. it is HANDS DOWN the most annoying thing he could ever do. i'd rather him do anything but that. i swear that's exactly why he does it. because we all dislike it.

i read somewhere that it must be hard to be a toddler. because things they really want to do...to explore, things that interest them, learning cause and effect, so on and so forth...all those things are no-no's.

i try to remember this when i want to auction pratt off to the highest bidder.

for the millionth time, i wish we lived closer. so i could bring pratt over and we could watch them do things together. and be so much alike.

you're a good mommy. a good, good mommy.

*Jen* said...

This post made me a) giggle and b) relieved that P hasn't realized you can color on the walls.
;)

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Grace always looks at me when she's about to color on the walls, the same way she does when she's not sure if she can do something or not As if THIS time, I'm going to tell her it's fine.

And I LOVE that she calls her e-train;)

background

counter