Monday, August 18, 2008

e-nesting

As we enter our 6th month, I find myself more and more ready to have things in place for this little one on the way.  I know I still have plenty of time...which is good...but up until recently, I've not allowed myself to really dream about things.  

We have a small apartment, but we recently have arranged to move into a 2 bedroom at the end of October.  I'm really excited about this.  The apartment is bigger, it's on a higher floor with a view of the reservoir and downtown boston.  AND it's actually cheaper in rent.  The downside? We have to move again in May because our building was bought by Boston College...and they're making the whole thing into dorms (boooo!)  

Anyway, the other night, I really let myself browse and dream for the first time.  I've had so many people ask me what our theme is, or what our colors are.  I spent a long time "e-nesting" the other night.  Hours and hours of looking at every store I could think of.  Just looking.  Thinking.  Planning.  Dreaming.    I have whole documents of accessories, baskets, wall decor, and furniture I like.  I even made a floor plan for the nursery based on our new measurements. While nothing is concrete...I think the palate below will be close to what we do.  

................................................

Here is the cribset I like right now.  Kyle loves the bright colors, I love the argyle.  We both like the funky combo of animals.  From Land of Nod.


Since we live in an apartment, we can't paint.  I'm hoping to use some of these decals to decorate.  They come in all kinds of colors and you can get them in sizes from 5" to several feet tall.  I think they'll go well with the quilt above. 



This is the crib we're currently registered for.  I wanted dark wood, dropside, and a convertible.  This one fit the bill and is about half the price of a lot of the others we've seen.  


This is just a lamp I like.  I almost bought them for our bedroom, but never did.  


So, slowly, I'm developing an idea of the things I like.  Kyle seems pleased with it all.  I think he just smiles and nods a lot, because he knows how much I think about this stuff.  Hopefully our move will come quickly, so I can start actualizing things.  :)

2 comments:

jennybee said...

Great stuff, as I've already said. Love the new blog background, too.

Did you make up the term e-nesting or is that floating around somewhere? Ben thinks those NY ad agencies would love it.

Kelly Dement said...

i vote for a pink elephant in the room

background

counter