Thursday, August 21, 2008

Naming Baby

Kyle and I have decided on a first name for this little bundle o' joy.  :)

We each made lists independent of each other and compared them a few weeks ago.  After some civil discussion, we narrowed it down to a handful of names. ( I did have to break Kyle's heart by nixing Espn...yes, like the sports channel)  We let those names percolate in our minds for a few days and then decided on one.  Then, we let that name mull around in our brains for another week or so.  In the end, we decided we liked it.

Our little girl will be Abigail Shachmut.  

I love the name, and have for a long time.  Kyle likes the idea of calling her Abby.  He says it sounds like a girl who plays sports.  I said Abigail sounded like a girl who reads books.  So, we're both happy with it.  

We've not settled on a middle name yet.  We have a short list.  But, I wanted to post this before I left for Arkansas....which is now about 12 hours away.  I'll be sure to let everyone know when we come up with the rest of it.  

Until then, we'll keep waiting for baby Abigail to give us ideas. 

1 comment:

Kelly Dement said...

Ok middle names that I tailored according to yours and kyle's interests. Some of them are out there but I'm unassigned at work and this is what keeps me entertained.

MacKenzie (Mac...get it)
Jobs (creator of the i-phone)
Ginevra (harry potter's gf)
Grace (religious, kyle has a theology degree)
Laurle or Lauryl (yours and kyles name together)
Greenleigh, Greenly, Greenlee (the big green monster)
Rose (the boston red soxs are red and blue, rose is shade of red)
Camden (Laura's high school)
Josephine (kyle went to st. joseph)
Dreyer, Jerry (Jeri), Reese, Bell (takes on ice cream brands for your recent cravings)
Lee (as in H.U.)
Kelly (the name of the person that got you together and without you could not have Abby)
Lane (wasn't your first address something lane?)

and finally Nub (its needs no explanation)

Hope you enjoyed the fruits of my boredom :)

background

counter