Tuesday, August 5, 2008

kicks

Two nights ago, I couldn't sleep.  I was up for hours and hours.  At one point I tried to sit up, using only my stomach muscles.  I got about halfway and *BAM!* I got kicked!  It was hard, too.  I halfway yelled, "OW!" and fell back over.  

Apparently baby Shachmut did not appreciate my movement.  

Ever since then, she has been so very active.  I had a really productive day yesterday and felt good about a lot of things.  Maybe she just decided to be just as productive and fully explore her limited surroundings.  All day: kick, kick, punch, roll over, wiggle, kick.  

It's a neat feeling.  Kinda weird, but neat.  I like that she's getting stronger, and now that she's getting more consistent, I look forward to Kyle being able to feel her move around as well.  

This morning I was sitting checking my mail, and when I was done, I just sat here staring at my belly.  I watched it for about 10 mins, just watching my skin move around.  Watching her kick and twitch.  How crazy is that? It's pretty addictive.  I like feeling her.  Although, a few of the really hard ones catch me off guard still.  I told my friend Billie Jo the other day..."It is absolutely insane that I have a living being inside me"  She agreed.  :)  

I wonder if you ever get used to it. Probably not. 

Maybe she's just excited about Hawaii too.  We leave for our babymoon in the morning!  Wish us happy travels, and I'll keep ya posted from afar.  

No comments:

background

counter