Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thank You!

I'm back from my nearly week long trip down to the Southern lands.  I traveled back for a couple of baby showers and to see all the friends and family that I could squeeze into 4 or 5 days.

First of all, I need to express my deepest thanks to all involved in the showers that were thrown for us.  They were fun, beautifully done, well attended, and so much help.  Kyle and I were lucky enough to be given several of our "big ticket" items for little Abigail.  This is a big help to us, obviously.

I didn't realize it, but I've been stressing about how we were going to get all the things we "need" to get.  When I say I was stressing about it, what I really mean, is that as I let myself think about baby things, the inevitable truth that we couldn't afford it always hit me.  At that point, I stopped letting myself think about these things.  I went and made dinner or something else.  But, every time I started day dreaming about this or that...it was always interrupted by that stressful thought.  I think it was wearing on me without me really realizing it.

What those showers (the people and their generosity) gave us, was security.  We now have a security we didn't have.  My child will have her basic needs met...and she'll even have some cute outfits to make life more fun. ;-)  

Point being- Thank you.  Thank everyone who helped us.  It is very much appreciated.  From the gift cards, to the homemade items, from the hostesses to the many creative and thoughtful gifts that made everything so special...Thanks.  

I'll post pictures soon.  I'm still trying to figure out where all these things should go!  :-)

No comments:

background

counter