Thursday, February 26, 2009

I don't watch Idol

I've never been one of those people who got into the American Idol thing.  I watched one episode in college - well, half of one episode...I saw Kelly Clarkson win and sing.  I've not watched since - didn't have the time, didn't really care.

Well, this year we have one of our own on the show.  Kris Allen, from good 'ol Conway Arkansas.  Having somebody from my town on the show would be enough to get me to tune in, but it helps that several of my friends know Kris personally.  I don't know him, but I almost feel like I do through the stories I hear from Billie Jo and her friends and family.  So, it's fun to watch.

Kris hasn't had much face time.  He's not a drama-queen.  He's a humble, laid back, christian, guy.  The cameras tend to focus on the flamboyant during those early episodes - makes for entertaining tv.  Kris has advanced on talent, not flamboyancy.  

Last night he performed with 11 others - only 3 advance to the next round (the top 12 where the "real" competition begins).  Billie Jo and I spent all 2 hours calling and texting.  We got at least 500 votes in.  Nothing compared to our friend who texted 3,000 times.  I mean, if there's one thing Arkansas can do well - we can rally.  We did elect a president a while back...

Here's Billie Jo rockin' some triple-phone voting action.  :)

Photobucket


Photobucket

So - tonight Kris beat out 9 of his comrades to advance to the top 12 competition.  We were so excited for him!  If you watched the episode - you could tell Kris was shocked himself.  

If you're an idol-watcher, I'm encouraging you to support Kris.  He's a real guy - and a humble one - who just likes to sing.  He's cute too.   :-)  If you're not an idol watcher - vote anyway...as long as you're voting for Kris (otherwise, just watch whatever you were going to.)

So, Congrats Kris & good luck!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! He is so sweet, I was so glad that he got through last night! He is a cutie, and seems like a really nice person! I cant believe people can text 3,000 times--wow!

hannah said...

i have received many a email about kris! you'll be proud to know that i'm not a big idol person either. however...i voted for kris...probably 20 times. yes, that is a WHOLE WHOLE lot for me :)

i've heard he's wonderful. and that makes me so, so happy!

background

counter