Tuesday, March 9, 2010

picture bits

I realized a bit ago that I had some odd and ends to share in the picture department. He ya go.

First of all, I found Abby's missing puzzle pieces. That made me happy. She has this little house I made out of a box, and it has windows on the side against the wall. Well, apparently, she took the pieces and dropped them through the window so that they ended up between the house and the baseboard. I didn't notice them there because my scarf was over them and I typically keep things over the top of the box - so I didn't really think she could throw things down the side...but I forgot about the windows. So, yay for finding those.


We had another nice day yesterday so we spent some time outside on the porch, back yard, and at the park again. One thing I've noticed, looking through my pictures lately, is that most of them are of Abby's back. I have a feeling this will be the way of pictures for a while. She is just thrilled to be walking and its fun to see her excitement.


We have this little slide in our backyard, Abby was determined to climb it. Since being introduced to the park slides, swings may have taken a backseat on her preference list.

More climbing, more Abby's back.

Mmmm. Strawberry break!



At the park - a girl and her dog. ;-)

I posted this on facebook - but Abby has discovered where I keep my baking and cake supplies. Yep, I have a whole drawer full of icing, sprinkles, cookie cutters, toppings, decorations, etc. It's Abby's favorite drawer, surprise, surprise. So yesterday she carried an icing tube around for a while saying "mmmm!" It was later than I noticed some yellow on her face and realized that there was no top on it. Sigh. No wonder she was having such a nice time...


When she's not sucking out frosting, she's often using my sprinkle canisters as shaking instruments...or blocks. And when she's not doing either of those things, she's often throwing this stuff in the trash. I now always scan the trash can whenever I go to throw something away.

And for you grandparent-family-friend-people-who-live-far-away-and-want-to-see-everything types, here's a little video of Abby walking across our front porch. Don't worry, she didn't fall off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby wallking across the porch brought tears to my eyes...she is SO cute and lovable. Keep up the videos for the grandparents-family-friends etc. who are far away - it means a lot to us.
love you
AK

Cari said...

She is getting soo big!! I remember when you wrote about just being pregnant...makes me realize how fast time will go before Lincoln is that big!! Crazy! I love reading your blog.

Cari

background

counter