Tuesday, March 30, 2010

toddler antics

Yesterday, Kyle and I split the day to stay home with Abs since our nanny's daughter is sick and she needed to stay home. Abby was sick Sunday night, Kyle found that she had thrown up at some point in the night when he got her that morning, but a load of laundry later - and you never would have known it. Abby was being her ridiculous comical self all day. And I took pictures to prove it to you.

Abby likes to carry things around in her mouth. She also likes to pick things up off the floor with her mouth. In a perfect world, I would spread her food on the ground and let her go around sucking it up with no hands - she wishes. Another one of her favorite "toys" is my work ID badge. She routinely wears it while talking on my phone and it always cracks me up. And don't worry, I don't let her have it unsupervised.

Don't let this face fool you. She's only pretending. Abby loves to take things and throw them on the ground. Then, she'll look up at you as if in total shock at what just happened and say "uh-oh!" Like she didn't meant it. This picture is right after she threw a block she was holding down...2 seconds later she looked up and said "uh, oh" yeah, right.
Abby likes to dress up - with hats and necklaces. Mostly hats. She will walk around grabbing all the hats she can find and make a pile, and then put them all on at once. It's funny. In this picture, she only has my ear muff and her hat on, but before this she was sporting 4 hats at once. Talent?
And of course, having a toddler means they get into everything. The ziplock bags have become a new obsession.

Never trust a quiet toddler. Yesterday, I was checking my email and I noticed it was quiet. I found Abby walking from the pantry to the laundry room where she was donating onions to the dryer. Sigh.
Not too long after, I found her trying to get her cereal boxes out of the recycling. You can tell by her face that she knows she's not supposed to be in there.


Here she found her diaper bag, and the wipes. She only pulled out a half dozen before I stopped her.

One of my favorite things that Abby does now is role play with her dolls and toys. She routinely feeds, tickles, rocks, hugs, and kisses them. Yesterday, since she had found the wipes, she made me laugh by helping Clover (the hippo) blow his nose....

...and wash his hands (complete with the da-bu, da-bu, da-bu sound that we make when washing her hands)

and of course changing his diaper.

most of my pictures turn out like this. I've got to get a faster camera.

Of course, Abby loves to get into the cabinets. She often brings me offerings of measuring cups, cupcake holders, and colanders. I'm so lucky.

She's such a goofball, and I love her for it. If you ask Abby, "what does Abby say?" She usually makes a monkey sound "ooh-ooh, aah-aah" We're not sure why...but maybe I'm beginning to understand...

So, my life with my toddler is fantastic and interesting and fun. And sometimes stressful and hard - but mostly - it's fun.

4 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

so cute. I love that she changes her dragons diaper. I swear I spend more time cleaning up the Grayson tornado than I do anything else

Anonymous said...

All that made for a huge, wonderful LAUGH after coming home from a tiring day!! Thanks, Abz! And thanks, Laura, for putting all this hilarity into words. Priceless! Love you bunches......Ouma

Heather said...

I loved this post! :O)

Anonymous said...

This was such a great post! I keep thinking about this one at odd times such as when putting stuff in the dryer. Perhaps Abby needs more hats. I love you!

Granny

background

counter