Sunday, March 7, 2010

springday

Yesterday, I replaced my sick fever with spring fever.

I woke up feeling much better than I had the past few days, my throat was (and still is) rather sore, but I can deal with that. I was so happy, too, because the forecast predicted sunshine and a warm 50 degree day. I had been looking forward to that for at least the last 10 days. So I was determined that we would enjoy it.

And we did. :)

Kyle and I took Abby out for breakfast. This is rare, but so is sunshine. ;) We laughed as we took Abby outside and she instantly began looking around saying "wow! oooooh!" at the sunshine. Anyway, we had a nice breakfast.

Afterwards, we drove to the library and took Abby to the song/story group that they do twice a month. It was a good time. Abby has made a few friends there now. It was the same thing last time we went, but it still surprises me how outgoing Abby is right now. And funny. She was the most vocal child, out of about 15 in the group. She made everyone laugh - she really is a clown. She seems to enjoy going, so I'll try to keep taking her. I was really glad Kyle came with us too. There are a lot of dads that come, so I think he felt like he "fit in" fine.

So, after that fun filled morning, Abby took a nap and Kyle and I looked at our MLS listings. Have I mentioned that we're starting to look at houses again? Don't know if we'll find anything that will work for us - but we're going to look anyway. When Abby woke up from her nap, we took her to an open house. Nice house, too small for us. But, then we got to go do the thing I'd been looking forward too all day - go to the park.

There is a fantastic park close to where we live. And you can bet that there wasn't a soul left indoors yesterday. Everyone was outside. Everyone. It was great. Abby was a walkin' machine. For the first time, she was less interested in any of the equipment than she was in just walking. Even after a few pushes in the swing (her favorite thing) she was asking to be put down. Why? Just so she could walk. She walked and walked - and at points, nearly jogged around and around the playground. So after a good bit of time playing, we took her to a grassy area and just let her loose.

So, here are some pictures from the park.










It was just so nice to be outside. So good for the soul to have sunshine and fresh air. Abby had a blast and a half. We decided to eventually go home so that we could get dinner done on time. I ventured out and cooked my first meatloaf. I used a recipe from my friend Bethany's blog (the big red pot) and it came out nicely. Yay for feeling productive AND domestic. :)

Once Abby was in bed and the kitchen was cleaned, Kyle and I sat down and watched Up in the Air and 21. Whoo hoo - a TWO movie night. What a great ending to a wonderful day with my favorite people.

Today is another busy day. Many open houses we're hoping to see - so I will update again later. Thanks to everyone for the get well wishes. I'm at 85% and feel much better.


Oh, and here's a video for you. Abby and I were playing with Photobooth this morning. Forgive our PJs and morning look. She's becoming more of a little person every single day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Laura- that video is just TOO precious!! Love it!

background

counter