Monday, June 21, 2010

parental visit, part 1

also titled: a bazillion pictures.

So my parents are spending the week with us. This is beyond fabulous. :) They got here last Tuesday night and leave on Wednesday morning and, so far, I've enjoyed every bit with them. I think they are happy to spend time with me and Kyle, but of course we all know the real reason to come visit Boston now - granddaughter.

And that is just fine by me.

We've had an eventful week so far, and I think it's best to break things up a bit. I've taken more pictures than I can share - but here are a few highlights from the first few days mom and dad were in town.

Abby took them to the library and showed them where she gets her books.

then she took them to the park and showed them how to play



she even went down the slides all by herself for the very first time!
(so I have my moments of overprotection - sue me)

The next day, we took mom and dad into the city to visit the public gardens and the commons.

cute parents at the gardens!

and Abby showed her grandparents where the ducks were.

and she smelled flowers with daddy
(I call these Dr. Seuss flowers - which makes Abby look even more like a little cindy-lou-who)

at the gardens, Abby had a great time playing bubbles with grandpa


my new favorite father daughter picture.



after the gardens, we headed over to the commons where Grandpa and Daddy took Abs on a carousel ride. Despite her expression in this picture - she had a lot of fun! :)

After a full day of fun, Abby took Granny & Grandpa back home.

In addition to the parks and library visits, mom and dad got to join us for the NBA finals (and that's all were gonna say about THAT) as well as some fun world cup games and a few red sox wins. I think they're getting more sports exposure than they're probably used to.

We've enjoyed some nice meals together and have managed to eat nice dinners that (more or less) adhere to their diet plan. I've really enjoyed having a full dining room every night. I'm loving the time with them and am so glad they were able to come visit. I'll update about our big night out to the Pops as well as father's day soon. For now - I need to get some actual work done so that I can call this school year done by Friday. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures of your lovely family, Laura. You are such a good wife, mother and daughter and your love for your family always shines through in your words.
love AK

background

counter