Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You Capture - Green

Hi You Capture! I've missed you! I missed posting for a week or two while my schedule was all topsy turvy, but I'm back this week...with vengeance. :)

So, this week, we got to pick one of three themes - I chose green. As it turns out, this was the best possible theme for me this week. You see, I'm on vacation - in the beautiful lush Oregon. I'm here with my best friend, and without my husband or my child. Yes, you heard me correctly, that means I've had a week of girl time. I know you all understand how monumental this is.

We have done so so so so much this week - and every day we captured things that were green. In fact, it is harder to find things that are NOT green up here. Not even kidding. So, with that in mind, you will understand why I am posting a lot of pictures this week, right? Cause I've taken about 1500 pictures, and I just pared them down to like 15 for y'all. You're welcome.

So here are my submissions for this week's capture - some of my faves from this week of vacation.

blackberry bushes in the park

seaweed on the coast


haystack rock

mountains


my first sushi track experience

if you saw the doughnuts I ordered from here - you'd be green with envy. ;o)

yeah, we pulled over to capture this bridge just because it was green.

Columbia River Gorge

view of the gorge from Crown Point

we saw so many waterfalls!

I really like the mist zooming by in this picture

what's Not green in this picture?

mossy tree

more waterfallage

and what better way to end a good vacation day than appletinis? :)

Thanks for stopping by! This was a fun week for me - capturewise and vacationwise. If you want to jump in and play You Capture with us or go see what other pictures people took this week, go visit I Should Be Folding Laundry.

18 comments:

Mandy England said...

These pictures are gorgeous!!! Makes me want to move to Boston! It's not very green in Colorado.

Thanks for sharing! :]

Bobbi Sharp said...

The mossy tree & waterfall are my favs...you never cease to amaze!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the one of the mountain and the road. The lines and perspective really work to draw the sight in. Great captures!

Tara said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! I love the bridge and the waterfall. I really want to go here now!

Amber D said...

Well I was going to tell you my favorites but as I keep scrolling my list got longer and longer.. but the seaweed one is pretty cool.

tiarastantrums said...

WOWWWWWW - LOVE the scenery!! I am doing a wedding album right now for a client that got married at VooDoo!!

Jess said...

Love the green bridge. Even better that you stopped just for it!

knickknacks said...

Wow..gorgeous pics!

Chocolate Girl said...

That is a whole lot of excellent! Love them all.

Stillmary said...

I'm so impressed with all your pictures that I'm GLAD you posted fifteen of them. They're all so gorgeous and green and varied. Nice, nice job!

Heather said...

great shots...I love the donut sign one, probably because I am green with envy over a donut shop :O)

Jen said...

I love the zooming mist!

Sarah Andrews said...

Wow - your pictures are incredible!!! Thank you for sharing!

Alanah. said...

What amazing pictures, everything looks so lush, you must have had a great holiday.

Sarah said...

ohhhh.... you're making me miss my beautiful west coast!! I'm from the Washington State/ Oregon area, but now living in the midwest. Isn't just BEAUTIFUL over there!!?!

Hollie said...

GREAT shots! You have quite an eye!

Clare B said...

Love the seaweed picture, but also love the mossy waterfall and river shots. Nice, cooling water on a hot, hot day. Fantastic pictures!

Barb said...

Beautiful shots. I'm envious of the appletinis!

background

counter