Thursday, June 24, 2010

You've GOT to try this salad

Wow - it's your lucky day - 3 blog posts in one afternoon!

I meant to take pictures of this recipe as I went, but I forgot, so I only have a picture of the final product, but trust me - you want to try this salad. It is so good and so summery!

Ingredients for salad:
salad lettuce - We used a combonation of Spring Mix & Baby Spinach
4 cups of seedless watermelon
1 small Red Onion - cut into strips
1/2 cup (I used a whole cup) of Kalamata Olives
4-5oz of Feta Cheese

Ingredients for dressing:
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (I used closer to 5)
3 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste.

1. Combine greens, watermelon, onion, and olives in large bowl.
2. Prepare dressing by whisking all ingredients together until well blended.
3. Drizzle desired amount of dressing onto salad and toss gently to coat.
4. garnish with crumbled feta cheese
5. Serve!


trust me. delicious.

2 comments:

hannah said...

i could eat that entire bowl. olives, yum. feta, yum. thank you!!

Mom and Sons said...

Yummy!!! I'm going to have to try this ... maybe switch up the nuts for walnuts and add strawberries instead of watermelon!

background

counter