Thursday, June 24, 2010

parental visit, part II

I know I've been slacking on the blogging lately - sorry. I've been pretty busy with mom and dad in town and it has just seemed that when things settled and I had a few moments to myself - cleaning the house or errands or reports or maybe even a nap or two won over blogging.

But, I'm only going to get further behind if I don't try to catch up. SO. Without further ado, here's a quick run down of some more things we did with mom and dad.

On Saturday night, we took mom and dad out on the town. We decided to try a little place we'd not been to before called No Name Restaurant. It's a seafood place right on the harbor. No frills, no fancy seasonings or silver platters - just seafood. But good seafood. :)

We had a good laugh at the waiter not really knowing what mom wanted when she asked for iced tea. It took him 2 or 3 tries, but he eventually got all the parts together. We also had a chuckle when another waiter kept insisting that dad had been there before and looked just like the high bishop of the Greek Orthodox church. He was a nice guy - funny.

dad posing at the No Name.

Since we had a few minutes to spare after dinner, we took turns taking pictures by the water. Here are my cute parents. :)

wind blown mama

me and the 'rents.

mom. This picture was taken after the picture of her posing like a lobster - which is beyond hilarious - but I thought she's rather me post this one for public consumption. :)


a little random - we found these stone sculptures and I felt like standing on one. It was actually a little scary.

So after dinner, we made our way back through town to Symphony Hall where we enjoyed the 125th anniversary show of the Boston Pops. It was really great. I think mom and dad enjoyed it as much as we did. They played a great mix of music - almost all of it recognizable and gave a good show to boot.

At one point, the whole symphony was playing beetles songs against a huge screen of Beetles RockBand - making it look like the Pops were playing the video game. Hilarious. And the whole audience was singing along to Yellow Submarine and the like. It was just so much fun. The pops don't dissapoint.



After that, we came home and crashed for the night. :)

The next day was Father's Day. I would post a little more about the gifts and such - but Abby's Papa has yet to receive his portion, and I don't want to give away all that stuff yet. But, we had a nice time and I think Kyle and Dad had a nice low-key day.

We took mom and dad to church with us and then came back to the house a yummy lunch of BBQ chicken and veggies that Kyle prepared for us on the grill. The rest of the day was kinda laid back - but that was nice since we were still kind of worn out from the Pops night out.

One surprise gift we certainly didn't expect was from my sister and brother-in-law. They sent Kyle a giant Razorback puppet - he even plays the fight song! As Kyle put it: "Thanks for the gift I didn't even know I wanted"
funny stuff.
notice that Abby is yanking on his feet - she thinks he's elmo and goes around hugging on him all day.

I think that will do for now. I have a few more pics and things to share about the end of mom and dad's trip, but They'll have to wait a little bit. Mom and dad are, however, now safely back in Arkansas. And having them up here was just grand.

1 comment:

Bobbi Sharp said...

I love Abby...fun pictures.

background

counter