Saturday, August 7, 2010

abbyisms

I just wanted to write some things down before I forget. Things that Abby does and says that make me laugh.

* Milk is still "Doh" and diapers are still "Dit-Die" The other day I said "Abby, do you want some milk?" and I swear she said, "milk." I spun around and said, "did you just say MILK??" and she smiled all sidewise like and softly said "doh." Stinker.

* The other day she made up her own words to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle. It went like this:
"Abby, Abby, yes yes Yay!
Abby Abby, yes yes Yay!
Mama, Dada, Papa, Yay!
no no no no no no Yay!"

* She's actually getting pretty good at singing twinkle twinkle, but about a week ago, since she couldn't quite say "twinkle" She would sing "pickle pickle wittle sar"

* She copies everything I do. It cracks me up when she'll work hard at something (pulling out a drawer or picking up something heavy) and then stands up and says "Ey yie yie" as I've been known to do.

* the other day she put on all her beads, put a shopping bag on her shoulder, grabbed my keys and then came and gave me a kiss. She then said "bye bye mama" headed to the door and started jamming the keys into the door.

* She says "Oh My -----" all the time. The blank could be anything. "Oh my diaper!" "Oh my book" "Oh my keys!"

* when she sings the alphabet, W is "daba-bobo"

*The other night at dinner, she pointed to Kyle and very clearly demanded "EIEIO!" So Kyle did what any good father would do and sang a verse of Old McDonalds. Then she pointed to me and demanded the same thing. Then back to Kyle. When he was done she looked at me again, paused, shook her head and said, "No, no no" as if to say "No mom, you just don't do this as well as dad, sorry" She then pointed at Kyle and demanded another verse.

* She still calls most animals by their name. Her stuffed cat is "meow" her Duckie is now "quack" and all monkeys are "ooh-aahs" the only one she says consistently is Dog...and bird, which comes out more like "brrr"

*She loves the hot-dog song from mickey mouse club.

*She likes Fergie, a lot. Especially "Clumsy"

*She's totally into coloring. Markers, crayons, pen - whatever. The other day she was scribbling with a bunch of different crayons. She suddenly starts saying "A! A! A!" I go over to look, and sure enough, some of the scribbles formed a pretty clear A. Total accident of course, but I was proud she recognized it.

* She love letters, but can only pick out a few consistently. A, B, and Y of course. She can usually get C, O and Z and the others are hit or miss.

* I've heard her count to 5 a few times, but most of the time she counts to three and goes "Wheee!" afterwards. She does this for lots of things. She does this when we're walking with her because she wants us to swing her in the air. She says it when she sees her stroller because Kyle says it before he picks her up to put her in. And she says it when she wants me to toss food in the air and catch it in my mouth (I'm uncannily accurate at this). When I catch food she laughs and laughs and claps. But, when I miss it, she all out splits her side laughing. I'm just a performing monkey, really.

* I love watching her play with her dolls. It's fascinating to see her treat them how we treat her and to see what things she enjoys. She constantly changes their diaper. I'll hear her say, "Uh-oh, baby. Uh-oh Dit-die. Dit-die, wipes, dit-die" And the whole time she's pulling out the changing pad and putting the baby down to change it's diaper. She also pushes them around in chairs ("strollers") and plays 1-2-3-Wheeee with them a lot. She feeds them, and reads to them, puts them night-night, kisses them, hugs them, shares her crayons...just everything.

* At every diaper change she says "Desitin?" and if I get it out to put on her she claps and says "Desitin! Yay!" lol

Ok, that's probably good for now. I could go on forever, but she's needing my attention at the moment. Have good Saturdays. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! I can't wait until I'm documenting all Cady's new phrases. :)

~Leah

REA said...

This is very funny to us! You used to play the same way. We love your posting these tidbits and glimpses into Abby's world!

Love You!
Grandpa and Granny

Kristen said...

I think Abz is practicing to be the next Idol judge. Love it.

*Jen* said...

Love this list!
Paige also says "Oh my" and "oh" a lot - as in "Ohhh noooooo" when she drops something! funny :)

background

counter