Tuesday, August 24, 2010

funny husband

I have a funny husband.

Several months ago, it was brought to our attention that this 100 year old house we live in has the occasional mouse. Shocker, I know. We'd lived here for nearly a year and never seen one, but as it turns out they sometimes stick their noses out when all is dark and quiet. So, we plugged up any holes we could find (really, a futile effort, but it made us feel better) and hadn't seen one since.

But, the other night when we were watching a movie, I heard a noise and turned to see one. In the kitchen. Ugh. Yes, I wanted to go put on high heels and stand on a chair and scream - but I didn't have time. The little bugger was gone before I could even stand up. I'm *really* good with out of sight, out of mind - but then when I see one, I want to do the spider web dance for a good bit and possibly torch the walls. I refrained from the latter.

Anyway. The next night, Kyle says "I put out a mouse trap" And this is what I see.


So, helpful honey. ;o)

Of course, as Kyle pointed out, we didn't see any mice today. (this is me rolling my eyes)

I dunno, it made me laugh. And yes, I'm considering keeping him there. Just in case.

In other news, Abs woke up this morning and she was using her arm fine. she only winced a tiny bit when putting her arm through her sleeve. We nearly canceled her appointment, but decided to go anyway. Doc said she was fine, said she had pulled elbow and showed us how to reset it should it happen again (since it's more likely to happen now that it's happened once). Abs is not a fan of the doctor's office. She wouldn't stand on the scale, wouldn't even look at the nurse, and wouldn't let the doctor touch her. Sigh. It's like she has bad memories from that place or something. Imagine that.

But, she's fine. She's actually been in a really chipper mood all day, which has been fun. :)

I made a roast tonight. It was kinda dry. Fail. I mean, it was edible, but I missed something in that process. I told Kyle I'd make it up to him and we did a quick grocery store run for ice cream after dinner. So, I'm gonna go have a (tiny) bit now. Have a good night. :)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Okay, that IS kinda funny. The "trap," not the mouse problem. Ekkkk!!!

Colleen said...

Ewwww... mice! I really do hate them! I like the mouse trap. It's cute and all, but a real cat might be a tad more effective... just a thought. :)

REA said...

1/4 cup water for each pound of the roast. Keep covered while cooking. Just dont cook it too long! That'll do it for next time!
Glad Abby's elbow is going to be okay!

Love,
Grandpa

Brandy@YDK said...

HAHAHAHA love the mouse trap. too cute. I'm glad to hear the elbow thing wasn't a thing efter all

background

counter